Pages

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Snow buddies are Snow Much Fun

I have been enjoying time with my snow buddies whilst I have been away and today's post are a few of the cards I have been making with my snow buddy friends. 



First of all the 'Frosty Friends' single stamp from the Autumn/Winter catalogue.  I love that Stampin' Up! have included more single stamps in the current catalogues and what a delight this one is. I had a couple of customers mention photo cards to me for sending photos of loved ones for their Christmas wishes and this was my first attempt at a card. 

The 'Merry Christmas' is from the 'Greetings of the Season' set.  This is set has already earnt it's place in my must-have stamp sets for Christmas.  As well as this stamp it has 'Noel', 'Peace on Earth' and 'Greetings of the Season' - what more do you need to say?

The second card was a variation of style for a photo card.   I chose the tall snowman from the 'Snow Much Fun' set from the main catalogue.  I just had to buy this set when I saw it as I loved the cute snowmen and the snowball with bird friends - you don't need to have little ones to have an excuse to buy this set, it is perfect for gift tags too! The tall snowman was perfect for the staggered card layout and I was really pleased how well the layout worked with the photo insert for the finished card.

For both cards I stamped with the StazOn Basic Black permanent ink and then used the SU blender pen with inks to colour and accessorise my snow friends. It did not take as long as you think once I had my palette of colours decided on and the blender pen made it so easy to get the right amount of colour. I added paper from the Snow Festival DSP pack to match the Baja Breeze background. A perfect snowy scene for both cards.

'Having played with the blender pens to make my cheery snowmen I tried for a different look using simple stamping and a neutral palette with this lovely little fella from the 'Snow Much Fun' set again.  I teamed him up with the 'Heart of Christmas' stamp - again a lovely single stamp SU have given us for Christmas.  I gave the card an 'aged' look with some daubing and added a tab of the seam binding ribbon for the finished look.  Same stamps, but a different colour and style for a completely different look.

To place an order now for these or any of the other fabulous products, email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com.  I am regularly placing orders and can offer share of P&P costs.  If you want to come and play with these products and much more and live locally to me, come and join in one of my workshops.  To read more Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment