Pages

Saturday 18 August 2012

It's all about the A, B, C's


Well today's post is all about lettering.  Whether it's stamping, sticking or punching, there's plenty of ways of adding lettering to your projects.  The first items to show you are using my new toys, the Big Shot Timless Type Alphabet (115951 Pg 125).  I have wanted this for a long time and as Stampin' Up! treat their demonstrators to extra discount during their birthday month, it was top of the wish list!  It's just the right size for cards, scrapabooking or other projects.

I have had a Baby Boom in July with friends and family all having extra special deliveries so I have had a pretty busy card production line. Here are two cards I created with the simple letters from the set and the Subtles colours.

I simply cut the alphabet in the lowercase letters and then the 'BOY' in the uppercase in the blue colours.  I added Crystal Effects (101055 Pg114)to the uppercase lettering so it stood out more on the card.  A simple sentiment added, designer button and ribbon and it was finished.  The next delivery was a girl so I copied the design again using the cut letters I had already.  The 'GIRL' doesn't stand out as much on this card as I used pink letters for it, but used pink shades for other letters on the card too.  Also the 'GIRL' does not run in order in the alphabet as 'BOY' does, but it still worked I think.  I could not resist adding a little tweetie on this one.  I used a stamp from a retired set, but actually I should have used one from the Aviary Set (116956 Pg41) which co-ordinates with the Nursery Nest collection.

The last project to show is one of my favourites and I can't believe I have not shown you already as I made it some time ago!  This one is a mini scrapbook album.  The album design was shared during our team training - another fantastic part of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator - we have such an amazing upline of demonstrators sharing their time and ideas with us!

I made this to celebrate a first birthday.  The lettering is the On-Board Alphabet Soup (119239 Pg 103).  I think it looks fantastic in the Brights colours Pacific Point and Real Red and then with Crystal Effects  again to give it the lovely glossy finish.  The album is decorated using Patterns Designer Series Papers in Brights (117155 Pg99) and the Big Top Birthday Quick Accents (122368 Pg102).





To place an order or to join a workshop, email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment