Pages

Friday 17 August 2012

Let's all Smile!

Just a quick post this morning to show you a couple of cards I made recently with the Reason to Smile stamp.  This set is available FREE with any customer order of £60 or more during AUGUST only.  It is is full of lovely blooms to play with and create items with a Spring/Summer feel.  Well if it's not sunny outside we can still think it in the inside!



I made both cards easily in one sitting.  I used the In Colurs for the first card - Pool Party and Island Indigo - and a very simple stamping technique.  The scallop circle punch works really well framing the flower and I attached it with the Deisgner Brad leaving it free to spin round on the card.  I used two colour stamping on the feature flower, inking with the lighter Pool Party and then inking half of the stamp with the Island Indigo for a two-tone effect.  I added a little ink to the edges of the scallop by just running the markers in the matching colours (I was trying to resist getting my daubers out !).

The second card was in the Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant combination of colours I used back at Easter.  I just wanted to get the scallop ribbon out again and use it as it is one of my favourite ribbons at the moment.  I used distressed edges on the flower panel to match in the artistic effect of the stamp (it has a texture to it to make it appear like the image has been watercoloured).  A little Tiny Tag sentiment to finish it off and that was two really quick easy 'Thank You' cards.


To place an order or find out what workshops are currently scheduled, email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment