Pages

Sunday 16 June 2013

By The Tide - Ocean Tide and Sea Spray Delights


Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there.  I have recently received my By The Tide stamp set which is in the Spring/Summer catalogue.  I loved the Nantucket Oceanspray Inn little circular stamp in this set and the seaside theme. I am already thinking of summertime cards and scrapbook pages which this set will be perfect for as it has seashell and sea horse stamps too.  Now I am usually put off by a masculine card with a fishing theme, but I think the other stamps play down a fishing theme here for my Father's day card.

I have also made second stepped-up version of the card with a Z-Fold card design cut that I liked that I have totally CASE'd.  The original card was by Michelle Pollard.  Here is my version.....

I used the colours, Night of Navy and Island Indigo for the blues on the card and then used the crumb cake, Soft Suede, Raspberry Ripple and Certainly Celery for the other colours on both cards. That's quite a mix across different colour collections, but I created two-tone colours for the fish and the seashell by inking in the lighter shade (Island Indigo for the fish / Crumb Cake for the seashell) and then carefully inking a darker surround with the darker colours in the palettes I chose (Night of Navy for the fish / Soft Suede for the seashell). 

I wanted the seahorse and the lobster hiding in the centre of the card in a red tone, but not a true red so the Raspberry Ripple from the 2013-2014 In Colours was my choice for this.  Almost good enough to eat!

The smaller card layout design has been CASE'd from a card by Natasha Zandbergen of inkingoutofthe box.com.  She had the layout with the baker's twine and the Soda Pop Top.  I was looking to use my Soda Pop Tops for a card and the Nantucket Oceanspray Inn stamp punched with a 1" circle fits a treat in the middle.  The Soda Pop Tops can be run though the Big Shot to flatten them out and soften the edges for posting.

I used some spritzing on the smaller card with the Colour Spritzer Tool (107066) with my Island Indigo marker pen for a bit of oceanspray effect!  This tool is great for instant colour spritz using your marker pens.  It is retiring at the end of June, so make sure if you like the product you order soon!  The Certainly Celery colour is also one which is leaving us, so make sure you stock up on card, ink, refills if you intend to use it going forward.

Oh, and the sentiment for Father's Day, from the Delightful Dozen set again!

To place an order, book a party or come to a workshop email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment