Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Making Waves By The Sea

We have been on lots of days out this summer holiday in lieu of flying off somewhere sunny and thankfully the weather here has been worth it.  There are lots of lovely photos of our adventures....I really should get scrap booking to record the fabulous times as I am sure my little one is going to grow up so much faster from here on in. One of our trips was to the lovely West Wittering for a day by the sea.  LO loved it!  He just wanted to wander up and down the sea edge dipping his feet in the wet sand for ages.  Gone are the days where I get sit back on a sun lounger with a good book!

It's a coastal theme too for my post today.  I hope today finds you in sunshine as it is here!  I just love the sea and the By The Tide stamp set from the annual catalogue, which you have seen here on my blog before, is one of my favourite sets.  Well, there are just so many gorgeous new shades of blue to play with in the new catalogue we need some seaside theme to use them all.


The first card is based on the Coastal Cabana colour with Baked Brown Sugar, both from the In Colours 2013-2015 collection.  The lovely embossed Honeycomb background on this card is achieved with the Big Shot emboss folder. I have simply created a multiple tag front with one of the tags from the new Chalk Talk die set.  A must set for Christmas and present tags all year through!  I stamped the images across the tags whilst they were line up together and then just set them off line from each other to give the card a more relaxed look.



Baked Brown Sugar was the colour for my next card - it just conjours up an image of yummy cooking smells doesn't it?  This card is made with stamped images and also the same colour spritzed onto Very Vanilla.  I am pleased with the way the spritzing came out - much better than my first attempts at using this tool!  A tip is to try it out on scrap paper first to get comfortable with your spray distance and make sure you are not going to get any wayward spray on anything else around your work area! I stamped inside this card too for a great finishing touch.

A little more seaside with the last card.  I saved the sparkle to last.  This card uses the same colour collection - In Colours 2013-2015 and has the Coastal Cabana as the background card again.  I stamped the images on the Whisper White Square sheet before cutting it into quarters and setting out on glimmer paper frames.  The label is from the Label Love set and punched with the Artisan Label punch.  See the lovely little strips of the designer stack papers in the matching colours popping out of the label.


For more details of all these products and more visit the www.stampinup.com site and look at the catalogues. To place an order, book a party or come to a workshop email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

1 comment:

  1. oh these are just gorgeous Suzanne I may have to have a go at something similar too :)

    ReplyDelete