Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

Sharing What You Love

This is the sentiment from Stampin' Up! themselves, but this week certainly felt true to this for me.  Firstly I wanted to thank those of you that came to my recent Open House event.  Without the support of customers I would not be able to enjoy SU products and so I made some 'Thank You' cards to show my appreciation.  I left a note inside attached with a post-it note so that the cards could be re-used by the recipient.

The cards were made with the Mosaic Madness stamp set and in the In Colours 2013-2015 selection of colours.  The 'Thank You' is from the Four You stamp set.  I really like the sizing of this and the style of the writing in this set, I wish my handwriting was as artistic as this!  I had a few cards to make, but a little stamping and punching whilst I watched some TV and I had a efficient little production going.  The Mosaic emboss folder gives a great background grid and I then just layered my mosaic tiles in a pattern as I wanted them with a mix of the colours.

Another card for you, this time with Christmas in mind.  Yep, it really is time to start planning those Christmas festivities.  Every year, if you are like me, you say you will start it early so as not to have the big rush on, well now is THAT time to start.

This card was a demo card to show a number of methods and techniques so has quite a bit going on.  There are of course the Mosaic Madness layered in there.  They are mounted on foam pads to raise them off the Label Love stamped images behind them.  I wanted to show that although the Label Love has sayings on the stamps, when layered in this manner they can be used for other occasions too.  The labels are punched with the co-ordinating Artisan Label punch and I then punched the coloured card and cut it in half to create the borders round the labels. 
To create the wavy emboss lines I used the Simply Borders plate for the Simply Scored board.  What an effective background and I think it ties in well with the label styling too.

The flowers were meant to be a little poinsettia-looking by using the Boho Blossoms punch and using just the smallest and medium sized flower shapes (2 of the medium size and then a small one on top) with a pearl to finish. The little 'Very Merry' label to top the middle of the card is from the Very Merry Tags stamp set and punched with the small scallop circle punch (7/8" 2.2cm).

Two cards that hopefully show you how to use your existing, or possible purchases, from the main catalogue as well as the Autumn/Winter seasonal sets to make cards for all occasions, including the festive season.

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime here and check out the clearance rack whilst stocks last.

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely, definitely ones I want to CASE! I especially like the "non-Christmas" products on the Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete