Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Summer Sunshine Siesta

It is Summer still right?  Well the weather outside as I sit here looking out of the window doesn't seem to think so.  I think the sunshine may be taking a little siesta, let's hope it wakes up to give us one last burst! I thought a little Summer Silhouettes were needed for today to help brighten up everyone's day.  Today's cards are some of the lovely samples I took with me to the recent Sandown show and are all based around the Summer Silhouettes stamp set (trickiest one to spell, I just cannot get it right. I am thankful for spell check today).
As a Pinterest user it is so hard sometimes not to pick up on other's ideas and CASE them for your own cards.  I do believe though that it is a great way to start the creative juices flowing for your own unique designs when you can start looking at what other people have done.  This first card, is exactly what started off my Summer Silhouette stamping session.  It is based on a card design by another demonstrator, Julia Carmichael of PaperIntoLove.

I love the inclusion of the border design as this was something I had not incorporated into my designs when using the set.  The colours of Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe and Coastal Cabana were perfect for the "feel better soon" theme of the card.  The actual sentiment I used from the Express Yourself hostess set. A simple layering of the flowers in the set and the additional Beautiful Wings butterfly make this clean card, quick, easy and elegant.

Next was some Pistachio Pudding.  I don't know if I have said this before on my blog, but this catalogue I bought the In Colours 2013-2015 designer paper stack and I am really liking the new designs and the colours.  I have used the papers lots already on my cards and as you get four sheets in every colour there is no need to be thinking you need to use it as sparingly.

Here I have used the paper as a background to a simple single layered card showing the designs in the In Colour collection again.  This was another get well wishes card.  I have used the Stamp-a-ma-jig tool here to create "get well" and "feel better soon" stamps.  The Stamp-a-ma-jig tool is just great for lining up when playing with lettering, numerics and sentiments in this way.  If the words are not quite right for what you want to say, why not make up your own saying true to your own words?
Last is the Strawberry Slush - a lovely vibrant colour without being too pink or too red.  See now the lovely ruffled ribbon just popping out across the bottom border which dress this card up.  The label for this one is from the Label Love set.  This stanp set has instant sayings and labelling for projects when used with the Artisan Label punch, a really great little decorative saying set.

Now if you love the Express Yourself set here, remember it is a Hostess set.  You can order it if you host your own workshop and you get a great set at a value price (subject to sales).  You don't have to have to invite loads of people, why not just host a coffee morning?

If butterflies are what you are looking for, remember also that the Butterflies Bundle offer running currently finishes at the end of the month.  That's only two more weeks to grab yourself the fabulous 15% discount!

To place an order you can now order via the online store (see top right of this page) or of course still email or contact me direct. You can also book a workshop in your home or come to a class I have arranged. Just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment