Pages

Monday 21 October 2013

Epic Day This and That Birthday Wishes

Today is my hubby's birthday and I have not been able to wait to show you the birthday card I crafted for him to celebrate and mark the occasion.  Now my hubby is a techie-geek so his birthday wish list was for the latest gadget of course.  These things are not the cheapest presents to buy so that really didn't leave much else for me to go purchase.  I love usually just going and buying little inexpensive bits which I can put some thought into for presents (probably as this is what I like most to receive too) so I wanted to put something into his card instead.

When searching around for male card ideas I came across a gifting card idea on Splitcoaststampers, but I cannot trace back to find the name, sorry.  The card was a concertina of ideas and pockets in which to put little extra gifts such as gift cards, vouchers etc... As soon as I saw it I started to think of which DSP and ideas I could use.  First of all though, here is the finished card so you can see it in all it's glory too!




Wow!  I am beaming with pride!  There is a huge list of what I used on this card; in fact it would probably be easier just to list what I haven't used on it!!  To make your own though the greatest thing is that you can just use whatever you have and come up with your own design.  I have also used some retired items on my card as I had them to hand and I wanted to put them to use.

I used the layout design from the card I saw and then decided I would use the Epic Day This and That designer papers as these were perfect for a masculine card. The colour theme throughout was Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Pool party with some Calypso Coral and Early Expresso too.  Keep reading though for the complete list of items used later.

There are three pockets on the card made to individual sizes.  The pockets have slide out tabs made with the Decorative Label punch cut in half and secured on either end of a folded piece of card then tied with linen thread.


The 'I' of the card was themed "I feel lucky". I put a lottery ticket in this one for my Hubby, but it just as easily could contain a gift card.
I made my photo frame a little 'homemade' in styling, but you could use a square punch to get a more finished look. Did you see the gorgeous little button brads from the Vintage Trinkets on each of the frame corners?

The 'T' was for tickets for the cinema.  As you don't generally get a ticket stub for the cinema in these times, I put a little promise note in there.


There was wording promising a cinema visit with hubby's choice of film.  I had to promise no romantic chick-flick and so I am sure to be seeing a sci-fi or adrenalin-fuelled man-film in the near future!

'H' was for 'Husband'.  A tab of lovely words for thanks for being my hubby.  We don't often say these things as every day life catches up on us so it is great to be able to offer them on occasions with meaning.

 'D' was for the day and dates which had special meaning for us.  The This and That range of products are all there to help capture your happiest and most memorable moments.

I used the Rotary Stamp to put reminders of special dates for us on this section of the card.  "Don't forget", "Best Wishes", "Best Day Ever" and "Pencil Me In" for  - our wedding anniversary, the big day, the day our son was born and a meal date.
(Note: I amended the year for the best day ever stamp from to say 2010 using the 2016 as the stamp dates on the rotary stamp are all for the current and future years).

The 'Y' is for 'Yummy', what would a birthday be without a cake?


Now, for the long list of the items used on the card..........








Stamps:
130435  Alphabetized -  for the 'happy'; I used the stamp-a-ma-jig and individual inked letters.
130535  Four You - "Birthday" on letter 'B'
130889  Simply Stars
128697  Pennant Parade - "Wish Big" on 'R', pennants on 'T', "Love" on 'H'
126941  Take a Ticket - on 'T'
130631  Chalk Talk - on 'H' tab and 'D'
128520  Create a Cupcake - "Happy Birthday" on 'D'
130336  Express Yourself - "amazing", "Happy Birthday" and "Celebrate" on 'A'
130390  Birthday Cake - on 'Y'
128547  Delightful Dozen - "Blow out your candles" on 'Y'

Accessories:
130814  Epic This and That Designer Papers
104199  Linen Thread
130029  Regal Buttons - on 'I'
118764  Vintage Trinkets - on 'I', 'T' and 'H'
131272  Simply Pressed Clay Moulds Buttons and Blossoms - button in Pool Party on 'R'

Punches/Dies:
119850  1-3/4" (4.4cm) Circle
125598  Labels Collection Framelits Dies
120907  Decorative Label - all tabs and "Love" label on 'H'
119871  Corner
122361  Petite Pennant Builder
129404  Scallop 7/8" (2.2cm)
119855  Large Oval
119859  Extra-large oval
119868  1" (2.5 cm) Circle
119860  1-3/8" (3.5cm) Circle
129983  Chalk Talk Dies

Alphabet Soup Chipboard letter (Retired)
For My Family Stamps (Retired)
Special Edition Designer Papers (Retired)

Phew! I think that is everything!  I hope you enjoy the card too and remember you can use products and punches you already have and just mix and match things up like I have.  I really enjoyed getting creative with this one.  I often get a little bit of time at once to craft so it was great to be able to keep going back and adding little bits to this one.  I feel inspired now to start my Epic This and That journal which I have been meaning to start.  A new year fast approaching and I want to capture those pre-school memories now whilst I still can!

Suzanne
x

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

2 comments: