Pages

Saturday 26 October 2013

Spooky Wishes with Halloween Banner Kit


It's getting spooky in our house ready for next week. Today I have the Halloween Banner Kit to show you from the Autumn/Winter Catalogue.  The pennants themselves come in the Build a Banner Simply Created Kit which appeared for the first time in the Autumn/Winter catalogue.  My little one picked out the Halloween banner in the catalogue when we were looking through it so I decided we would definitely need to have one hanging in our house during the hours of spooky celebrations.

The kit is all you need to start making your own banners; There are 18 canvas pennants in 3 different designs, jute twine and most importantly there are the image stencils for 3 designs of backgrounds and the alphabet lettering.  It is all you need to make your own Birthday, Christmas, occasion banners.  The canvas pennants with the eyelets already set in them make putting your own messages so quick and easy and durable for multiple use year after year. You can also buy more pennants when you need them making the number of banners you can make endless.

For my Spooky banner, I have added the Halloween Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit (available separately) to instantly transform my Spooky banner with glitz, glamour and a little spookiness too of course!  Now, I wanted to show some close ups to see the detail, but as my photography skills are pretty lacking, they still do not show the banner in it's full glory.  

The Skull, bat and spider pieces are made of durable plastic (of some sorts) and sparkly black glitter.  There are buttons and ribbons all included in the accessory kit and all the designer papers already scored ready to fold and stick into rosettes.



Not in time to order and make your own Spooky banner? Don't despair, there is also a fantastic winter wonder Christmas Banner Accessory Kit available too for your extra sparkle christmas messages. Remember though you can create your own totally unique worded banners from your own products and papers using the stencils in the kit and the spritzer sprays included, just add your colour using ink (ink refills available separartely).  Alternatively you can sponge the colours of your choice with the stencils as I have done.

Inspired by my Spooky banner hanging in my craft room I have been busy with treats for the visitors who are going to come knocking on our door.  I had seen an idea for a stationery trunk on Elizabeth's Craft Room and I started to think of a treasure chest of coins on a smaller scale.  Having a boy, there is a lot of talk of pirates in our house! I had seen some Halloween chocolate coins in John Lewis so I knew exactly what to fill the chest with - and I was going to have a willing recipient to eat the contents too!



Elizabeth's site is a wonder of ideas, videos and templates, but I am afraid I winged it and made up my own measurements and method as I went along - I think I could have saved myself some pain by purchasing some instructions!

The picture is of the finished chest along with some witches broomsticks made with blackcurrant liquorice pieces.  The wood-effect on the chest is stamped with the Woodgrain background stamp and the Happy Halloween is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set - my favourite all-year round set which has seen many outings. My batty and ghostly ghoul friends on the broomsticks are from the ever-adaptable Owl Builder punch.

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment