Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

Snow Day - Winter Wonderland

Well there have been no flurries of winter snow just yet, but I thought I would share a cute card with you today made with the snowman dress up set Snow Day. I have to admit as much as I love the idea of making a snowman in the snow with my little one, my poor car does not like the snow and we are usually left housebound until the snow clears so the prospect of a wintery shower comes with mixed feelings for me.
This snowman though requires no cold outings and just some fun with some sparkle and ribbon.  He is stamped and embossed with the Iridescent Ice emboss powder (101930) to give him a lovely glistening snow effect.  You can almost imagine he is outside taking in the winter sunshine!  The layers of snow mounds are cut (free-hand with scissors, you can probably tell) out of the Shimmery White Cardstock (121717) for the added sparkly snow effect.

The Snow Day stamp set (131892) comes with all the little accessories of the hat, scarf and other little additions to make your winter scenes with.  I bought the set in wood as I wanted to use it with my little one and the wood blocks are easy to hold and robust for little hands.  The set does have a scarf stamp in it, but I wanted to add some embellishment so I tied a length of the stitched grosgrain round my snowman for a 3-D element to the card.

Tip: To line everything up with a wood set each time I have cut some window sheets into squares and then used the Stamp-a-ma-jig and staz on ink to stamp the images in each corner of the window sheet squares to use as templates each time. I just pop them inside the case and they are there ready to use each time.

I made my winter sky on this card with a mixture of Pool Party, Pistachio Pudding and Crumb Cake colours using a sponging effect and then stamped the little snowflakes in the co-ordinated colours.  I also added little daubing round the edges of the background  and on the edges of the snow mounds.

Like my little snowman in my ice emboss, but want a quick stamped version?  Here he is again on my sweetie cones (mine were made with the retired Petal Cone die).
A lovely frosty Pool Party snowman with accessories.  I have even given him a little sash with the wavy 'warm wishes' wording from the stamp set.  The photo does not show it so well, but the snowflake from the set is stamped in the Craft White Ink for a snowy background.  I have filled my cone with big fluffy marshmallows and made a hanging with the Organza Ribbon from the annual catalogue so he can be hung in pride of place on the Christmas Tree.

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too by just clicking on the link from my main blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment