Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

Confetti Shower of Love

After what feels like such a long Winter, it finally feels like Spring is here and with it a card from me which is a card of love.  It was actually my Valentine's card to my husband, but it works equally well as an anniversary card too. I thought I would share it with you now as it uses the amazing Heart Confetti Punch from the Spring/Summer Catalogue 2015 which I love. Big hearts, little hearts for big love or little love sentiments all in a convenient border punch.



So with my border punch in hand you can see this design started with a simple punch along the Shimmery White cardstock. I love this card for special occasion cards and my supplies are now dangerously depleted so it will have to be on the re-order list. I saved the punch hearts and added some Real Red hearts too with some Silver Glimmer Paper hearts to make the border complete for the last section. I kept punching for some more hearts to fill the confetti envelope contents too. I won't confess here how many tiny hearts have been found on and around my crafting area since this project!

The Envelope was the main idea for the card and this is what came to me first. It is easily made with our very own SU envelope punch board. I just used the smallest envelope sizes and measurements and made it out of the Silver Foil Embellished Vellum Papers (with the sheet with silver hearts on of course!).  


I knew when I came up with the design that I wanted my envelope to open up so I left all the sides of the envelope unstuck and then I decided to use some clear Window Sheet to make a clear pocket front inside so that I could place my scattering hearts of all shapes in there and they could move around freely.  

A little tip I learnt online from another demo was when using the dimensionals to stick the pocket for free-moving objects, use a little talc powder down the sides so that the items inside do not stick onto the sides when they move about. I made my pocket and then just ran a small paintbrush with powder on along the sides before filling with my flurry of red, silver glimmer and shimmering white hearts. I used the strips of the surrounds of the dimensionals packet and trimmed these into fine thin strips to use. To secure my envelope I tied round some silver 1/8" ribbon and created my bow. 

Every gift needs a little label which I even managed to punch one of the small border punch out on one corner of. The label was needed for my sentiment from the Something to Say Stamp set 'big ways, small ways....'. Inside the card was stamped 'love you always!' to finish the saying.  

There is a strip of Read Red inside the card which lines up with the confetti border and is placed on the back card so that when the card is standing there is shadowing between the punched hearts and the back of the card.  I stuck a few scattered hearts on the open top of the envelope and stuck this to the background card.  As well as the border punch I used my small heart from the Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack for some larger hearts.

I hope you like this one.  It sounds more complicated now I blog about it than it was to make. I think the confetti punch is going to come in very handy for all projects for love. I think I might just have to add the star border punch too to my next order before it disappears from the spring//summer catalogue.

I will come back soon as I have been busy with some more Spring products too.....

Suzanne
x

For my products list:



To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment