Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

Father's Day Makes

We had a fabulous day out as a family yesterday, but I wanted to show you all the cards we had to celebrate!  The ideas all came from other crafters from pinterest posts so I cannot claim the designs to be all my own work.  I did make some changes and embellishments as once the creative juices were flowing I started adding bits here and there.

The first card is a simple punched card and layering card.  I used the little leaves die for the Big Shot to make this card.  Colours were the Certainly Celery from the subtles with Early expresso, but I also added in the Pool Party and Calypso Coral from the new In Colours for a light summery feel. 

This card design I found on line with just the background cutout images (the leftover cuts from using the die), but I added the cut leaves images over the top as a shadow effect with the colours mixed round.  As my die has had some use the foam cushioning has lots of indentations which left a patterning on the background images, but I think this looks quite like the natural detailing on a leaf.

The second card was from a boat design I have seen posted around.  I used a bowl to draw round for the base and then just created triangle shapes - No punches or Big Shot required here!  This is a simple design that just works as it uses the DSP papers, buttons and brads to embellish.  I used the recently retired sale-a-bration papers for this one as I still have some to use up.













The best 'til last!  The Pirate Boat. The Boat I made from the top note die for the big shot and I made 3-D with a little nip and tuck and a layer between the two top notes to make it stand off the paper .  I also made the sea waves 3-D with a little Dimensionals to lift the layers.  I loved playing around with this one for a fun card and it would be great for a young birthday boy card too!

To Place an order, email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment