Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Once Upon a Time....

Good Morning to you all.  We have been having some fun over Easter and over the weekend we visited a local farm which hands hands-on experience for children.  My little one loved it!  He got to feed the lambs, baby goats and hold a little baby goat too.  I have to say I was enjoying the close up experience too, although it was a little too close when one of the bigger sheep decided to hop over the fence and jump the queue for the feeding!

Well in a springtime animal theme I thought I would share a card I made for my Niece recently using the Storytime designer papers. This pack is absolutely fantastic for children's projects and I love the Alphabet and Numeric papers which are great even hung or framed as they are for teaching little ones.  You could even cut and mount them for your very own set of flashcards or create a game of snap!

It was my Niece's third birthday so I used the pictorial numeric sheet to represent her birthday, you can also see some of the other designs of the paper on the background strips.  I had to play around a while to get all three of the numbers on the card as I just loved the pictures and did not want to cut them down any smaller.  The colours are so gender neutral which is great, but I wanted to add a little 'girlie' to the card so I punched some Boho Blossoms to add to it.  To soften the corners I used the corner punch on the card and the layered pieces.


 
This pack of papers is multi-talented as it's not just for children.  Here too is a card I have made for a male birthday using the same papers. Little banners are great for using up scraps or little leftovers, I have picked the reverse designs from some of the papers and added the ruler paper for a DIY reference for this one.  The First Edition Papers have also found a little place on this card too.    

 
 
Happy Birthday for the card is from the Delightful Dozen set again - yep AGAIN!  Another one to add to the useful stamp set count!  I have used markers to select colours from the papers and stamp elements of the Happy Birthday stamp in the set.  The stamp is loaded with Birthday sayings and you can stamp which ever bits you want this way.  I also used the 'Wish Big' from the Pennant Parade set.
 
The flags hide it a little bit, but I have criss-crossed some baker's twine behind them and finished off with a big button with a knot of the twine.  I used one of the bronze buttons from the Aut/Wint catalogue for my card, but a big designer button would work just as well.

To place an order, book a party or come to a workshop email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com.  I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment