Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Easter Chicks

Well Easter crafting continues in our house with bunny and chicks making appearances.  Here are a couple more little Easter projects I made to celebrate in our house.


 
This one is made with that Owl Punch again.  This time in disguise as Easter Chicks.  Even with a little false lashes too!
 
I made the awning top using the scallop border punch. I punched the blue card first, then punched a scallop border of white and cut this into strips to overlay the blue. You cannot see it in the photo, but the awning fixes to the back of the card and folds over the top of the card and then folds again to hang over the front of the card in a 3D effect.
 
My other little Chick surprise is using the Every Egg stamp wheel for decoration in this little box of wonder. I coloured using the Subtles collection markers and a blender pen, a little crafting whilst watching some TV. 
 
 
 
Now the best bit, when the band is slipped off and the taffeta ribbon is undone..........
 

 
This box was so easy to make with the Simply Scored Tool.  A few simple fold lines made with stanadard and diagonal plates and it was easily put together. I did not even look up any measurements, I just tried out a few fold lines and it worked!
The designer paper used is the Birds of a Feather paper which I used for the chic basket for my previous blog too.
 
I know I said I was going to post instructions for the Chick Basket from the Petal Cone die, but on review my photographs need a little cosmetic surgery before I can post them and this post has already got longer than I anticipated.  Sit tight and I will post the instructions next blog post, I promise.
 
 To place an order, book a party or come to a workshop email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment