Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Springtime Artisan Embellishments

Well I am truely in Birthday Month for our family.  You know there is always one month, or two in the year which is busier for family birthdays, well May is one of those months for our family.  Not only have we birthdays, we also have our 1st wedding anniversary coming up and our little one's 3rd birthday!  So, as you can imagine, it's been a busy time crafting cards more than I have had time to sit down to photo and show you them all.  Lucky for you it does mean I have lots to show you today!

Today's post is some of my favourites so far from the month. What better way to celebrate a birthday than with a little tea and cake. See the teapot hanging on my middle banner.

I love anything small and cute and so the Teatime trinkets from the Spring/Summer catalogue immediately caught my magpie eyes when the catalogue first came out - a teapot, tea cups and clock faces, perfect for marking special occasions.

The catalogue has a Tea for Two designer paper for teatime too, but I have used here some paper I already have which is now retired.  There is a strip of the Storytime papers for the scallop under the taffeta ribbon though and spot the First Edition papers again in the line up!

The Hearts a Flutter Framelits dies for the Big Shot in the Spring/Summer Catalogue make the banner making so much quicker and easier - out pop your banners all neatly cut the same size!  I have rolled the top edge over some dyed baker's twine for my washing line .  The die set comes with some lovely other banner shapes including hearts and there is a matching stamp set of course too!
 

The second card to show you is for my Aunt, it's her birthday today (safely hand-delivered this weekend).
I used the Scallop Square punch here for my springtime flower collection and the stamped images are the big stamp from the Elements of Style set again.  I have stamped in Always Artichoke and then used a blender to add Pretty in Pink highlighting to the flowers. 





I wanted to use my flowers from the Artisan Embellishments Kit on this one so bunched a few together and secured them with some glue dots - a lasting bunch of flowers for the occasion!

 Now to show you just how many projects you can make with a kit from SU, I have a card made with some more of the Artisan Embellishment Kit (there is even more to come later this month from this kit too!).



 
Not a birthday card this time, an engagement celebration!  Well it's all about the love so this kit was just the ticket - see the ticket in there!  This was so easy to make with all the pieces already in the kit.  I just layered some DSP onto the Crumb Cake and added the Doily and the Hearts card which the ribbon wraps round in the kit and I was half way there.  The Heart button and seam binding ribbon are all part of the Artisan embellishments kit too.

The scallop circle layer is from the Afternoon Daydream Scrapbook kit which is in the same In Colour of Primrose Petals. I have added a flower trim flower coloured with ink and a 'Congratulations' from the For My Family stamp Set. Also couple of pearls and all done. What an easy way to make a truly beautiful card for a happy occasion!
I am going to need to place an order to replenish my stock of the Spring/Summer items I love, as remember, they do not always carry into the new Annual Catalogue (out in July).  This Spring/Summer catalogue ends on 31st June, remember to contact me for anything you need to order before stock runs out.  Stock for product in colours which are retiring are also proving very popular at the moment so order yours soon if you do not want to miss out!
To place an order, book a party or come to a workshop email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment