Pages

Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas Countdown #5 - Wondrous Wreath Unwrapped


Well I am a bit behind on the Christmas Countdown, but here's a peek at a series of the more special Christmas cards I made for this years flurry through the postal system. They are a little thicker to post due to the ribbon ties so are perfect for those people you are seeing in person, but I wanted to send them through the post too for that extra special 'wow!' for those I knew would appreciate them the most.

I am forever asking forgiveness for my poor photography and today is no exception.We have a new camera and in a moment of panic I had to photo the cards with no instruction on how to use it and no time to read the manual! My new year's resolution will definitely be to read the manual!


The card is based around a design by the lovely Michelle Last who has a style I just love. The stamp set is the Wondrous Wreath set which comes as a bundle saving in the seasonal catalogue. Originally I missed out on ordering this set despite loving it when I first set sight on the seasonal catalogue, but soon all the lovely examples of cards just tempted me back to ordering it. I cannot wait to try out the other birthday card and all year celebration cards I have seen using it too. 

I have used, as Michelle did too, the Noel thinlit from the dies and layered it up to give it some additional stiffness and for it to stand out in the Silver Foil Card which is the top layer. My Noel is mounted on the stamped wreath image from the set.  I have stamped the two-step image with Soft Sky and Lost Lagoon to give the two tones for the leaves.

I have hung my wreath upon the All Is Calm DSP which also adorns the side panels of the card. I love the luxurious bows of ribbons used to wrap round the card under the wreath and tie in a bow at the sides. The All Is Calm is still a firm favourite and with the matching Lost Lagoon Silk Taffeta Ribbon it looks even more stunning. I love a card design that you can add sparkles too as you know, so who needs berries when you can add Rhinestones?

At Christmas it is the contact with those we love most which makes it the special occasion it really is and my father said to me in a poignant moment this season that it is not the card that counts the most, but the words inside it. I think the sentiment in this set is so true of those words as it says "May happy moments & cherished memories surround you with joy this season". I am hoping this season brings us some happy moments to cherish and the year ahead some joy too.

Hopefully I will make it back before the turkey is in the oven for some more inspiration for those last minute projects or ideas, but for now I will leave you with those sentiments.

Suzanne
x

Products I used for my cards:




To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment