Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

Cherish the ones you love

I have been meaning to make this Beautiful Wings frame ever since I got the lovely little Embosslit die and finally I have done it!  It took a dear friend and customer, thank you Charmaine, to inspire me to finally do it!  This is so simple and such a lovely gift idea - shhh, don't tell anyone it only took me half an hour to make.

It's still birthday month here in the house with still yet more family birthdays to celebrate and now with the births of two more family members this month too it is set to continue for years to come! 

For the birthday makes I have gone back to the beginning with my Baroque Motifs set.  This was one of my very first purchases from SU and I have gone back to my favourite blue hues too.  The stamp effect on the first card - a two-tone effect is created by colouring with a lighter shade (Marina Mist) and then using the marker in the darker shade of blue (Pacific Point), colouring the edges.  The card stock is a mixture of Bashful Blue and Marina Mist.  I also stamped images onto the DSP paper to tie in the different elements.

 Again, Baroque Motifs with the lovely large stamp from the set being used as a background.  I used a mixture of DSP to cut the XL Tags. DSP papers were 'Beau Chateau', 'Nursery Nest' and 'Cheerful Treat'.  A great way to make use of scraps, I knew I was keeping them for a reason!  I made a tidy finish to the ruffled seam-binding ribbon by cutting slits in the paper border and feeding the ends through before securing with glue dots. 

The third card was a lovely bright Melon Mambo card using the 'Cheerful Treat' papers again (I will be sad to see these Hostess papers go with the end of the catalogue in September). 

This is a simple Punch, Stamp and Stick card - I love it though!
Next order Date: Tuesday 31st July AM.  To Place an order, email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment