Pages

Saturday 14 July 2012

Fluttering Butterflies

I have just had the most exciting day with the rest of my upline at a team training day today and feel totally inspired by the creations of many that I have seen.  I have also been busy crafting leading up to today, but just haven't seem to have got round to posting here the cards and items which have been finding their way in my moments of craftiness.  So now I have prepared you to expect a flurry of posts as I catch up the next couple of weeks.

The first cards I want to share with you are a collection of birthday cards.  I especially love the way the Very Vintage stamped wheel provides a lovely subtle background on the crumb cake card stock (my crumb cake ink pad needed a little refill so the colour was a little more 'faded' than I intended). 

The butterflies on both cards are cut and embossed with the big shot embosslit 'Beautiful Wings' and the background very vanilla is embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper emboss folder which I just cannot get enough of at the moment!

I have added pearls and buttons and extra embellishments here as I could not help myself once I started getting creative with these two cards.  The antique brads compimented the whisper white craft I used for the faux stitiched effect (using the piercing tool).  Of course there was daubing involved with crumb cake too - I think my daubers are nearly all worn out with the amount I have been using this technique!

Now I love the trinket keys on these cards, but before you fall in love with them too, they are not currently available as they were in the Spring Mini Catalogue which have finished.  Let's hope SU bring them back in the next catalogue though!

Don't forget to check back for my next flurry of posts......

No comments:

Post a Comment