Pages

Monday 22 October 2012

Sending Birthday Love

Well another lovely workshop on Thursday and a lovely set of cards to show you, but first I wanted to blog a card I made over the weekend.  It was my lovely hubby's birthday - the first birthday card I have had to make for my 'Husband'.  The 'For My Family' (pg  138) has a stamp for family members, husbands included so of course this was brought out for my crafting session.



I used the 'You Are Loved' stamp set for the main image. This is a lovely set which was originally in the Spring Mini and I am so glad SU decided to bring it into the annual catalogue too!!  The background print was using the 'Musical Notes' and 'Very Vintage' stamp wheels on Crumb cake card.

You cannot see the gold shimmer as much in the photo, but my other favourite at the moment which I used for this card was the emboss powder. I used the Gold powder for the heart design and additional wording on the front. I am just loving the 'magic' as they turn from their original colour to the lovely shiny metallics as you heat them with the heat tool! 

The new heat tool this catalogue (pg 159) has two heat settings too, one for drying ink and setting and a second setting for embossing.  I love my embossing buddy too - a clever little pillow fellow. Swipe over the page before working with the Versamark pad and emboss powder and it stops any powder sticking anywhere else on the page - so no stray emboss dots and a clearer image!

The designer paper for the heart was the Speciality News DSP (pg 162), I cut the image into strips and shaped them - I wanted varied lengths at the bottom for a less tidy effect.  I added a 'Happy Birthday' from the useful little set 'Made For You' (pg 44) for the birthday wishes on the front and created a tag for the embossed 'Love' element (I cut down an X-Large Tag punch).

An envelope then made to size using the Simply Scored tool and decorated with DSP - I loved the results!

Why not come to one of my workshops to see for yourself how easy it is to make beautiful cards! be!

Contact me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment