Pages

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Gifting with Spiral Flowers

What wonderful weather we are having!! I have been out and about taking advantage of the weather with my little one so not much time for crafting.  Today, we just about had time to plan in a little trip over to a team member with a lovely wrapped gift for her birthday.
As my card was using the Afternoon picnic papers, I have used these on the gift box too.  Even better, these papers are included in the new Weekly Deals for this week.  There's never a better time to invest in some of these gorgeous quality designer papers.

The label and wraparound are all using the Scallop Tag Punch.  The flowers are of course, the Spiral Flowers Originals Die from the Spring Summer Catalogue. As this is an originals die you can cut mutiple layers of cardstock at once, after all you are going to want more than one of these flowers!
My first efforts at the flowers were not the best and these were a little rushed today too.  I have found the best method for rolling the flowers though is to use a bone folder to help curve the flower piece first.  I then roll it tightly round something like a thin paintbrush (the artist type, not the DIY kind!). This rolls quite a tight roll, but as you then release the flower you can let it spring back out as far or as little as you would like it.  If you add your glue to the last circle first before releasing it you can then secure the flower as it unravels to the desired flower size.

I have added some glimmer to the edges of my flowers with the Dazzling Details and some large pearls in the centres.  The Coastal Cabana ruffled ribbon ties the tag and the wraparound together using the scallop tag punch finish.

What a lovely wrapped gift and I know the recipient will love the contents too.  Tucked inside, a Stampin' Up! die of her very own!

Don't forget to check out this week's weekly deals on my online page here.  Order online for direct delivery to you or you can contact me and I will collate orders for customers local to me.

I must get back to some bunnies and springtime projects for the weekend's planned activities now.......

Suzanne
x

Products I used:

131390 Afternoon Picnic Designer Papers
129379 Spiral Flower Originals Die
133324 ScallopedTag Topper Punch

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment