Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Owl Love Nest

A super cute punch art card from me for today with a love theme.  This would make a great card for various occasions or for a loved one just because.  I didn't make mine for any particular occasion, but I had seen various projects using the Hardwood stamp to make a fence and another project with the Owls on and it just inspired me to get my Owl Builder Punch out.
Now, we do have a little googly-eye going on! I am sure it is not beer goggles Mr Owl is wearing, but I like to think he is just all gooey-eyed for Mrs Owl instead!

I forgot how cute the owl builder punch is and with all the pieces there to make these owls, including their waistcoats, their eyes and the hearts - it was super easy to put this card together! 

Another great builder punch used for the card is the Cupcake Builder Punch - I used it on my card for the clouds. All I needed to do was punch the cupcake top in whisper white and then sponge the edges lightly to make them stand out when over-lapped in a cloud formation.

My well used, and well loved, Little Leaves sizzlit die then made the perfect bedding for the Owl couple as they nest on top of the Baked Brown Sugar fencing.  The fencing was created by the Hardwood stamp image just stamped and then cut into 1.5cm strips.

Let's not forget another great addition, the fringe grass cuttings, which I made using the Fringe Scissors. They give an extra dimension to the card and finish the bottom edge off for my woodland scene to be complete.  

The great thing about this card is I used a number of scrap pieces of designer paper and card stock to make it!  The owl pieces are all small pieces which I just punched from small scrappy bits and even the grass was cut from strips I had kept - see, it is reasonable to keep all your scraps in case they may be of use one day. Just make sure you have a builder punch to make use of them!

Now my eyes are starting to feel a little droopy like Mr Owl's so time to post and go find my own nest for the night.

Suzanne
x

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment