Pages

Saturday 19 April 2014

Happy Easter Banner


Today's a celebration banner for Happy Easter wishes. I have been spying some banner kits in the supermarkets and thinking of getting one as I thought I was just not going to have the time to put one together, but I resisted and here is what I made in about 1 1/2 hours playtime. OK, OK so it was still a little time to make it, but once I started it I was enjoying every minute!

Essential for a quick and easy banner are the Banner Framelits.  I used the largest die for designer paper backgrounds.  This was some of the Subtles collection papers I had left over from the last annual catalogue (2012-1013) so I was so glad I had kept them.  I then just layered them onto cardstock and for quickness I just trimmed round to keep the banner shape.  You could of course make your banners slightly smaller to cut both the layers with the dies - even quicker!
I also used the Circles framelits collection to make the circles round my 'Happy Easter' letttering. I had cut all the lettering with dies too (a retired die set I cannot part with).  That was all the pieces cut out for the main banner within 10 minutes or so.  I am so loving the die collections, it makes it all so easy!


The extra features on the banner are the Bunny tails I made previously (see previous post on the Carrot Chocolate Wraps).  These are made from the Scallop circles punches and the large oval.
Also a few springtime flowers using the Floral Fusion Sizzlit die and the Little Leaves Sizzlit.  I added a centre flower from the Boho Blossom punch and finished with a Daffodil Delight Candy Dot.

The ribbon is leftover from my wedding supply of taffeta Pink Pirouette so it was great to see this put to use again in this lovely Easter pastels project.

The papers are still available, but there have been some small changes to the colour collection in the current catalogue and the designs have varied slightly.  The lettering, as I say was a retired set, but there are alphabet dies in the current catalogue too.  You could even use chipboard or wooden letters if you already have them.

I am really glad I passed on the supermarket banner now and made my own - it is hanging in pride of place ready for some family visitors tomorrow.

Suzanne
x

For the banner, I used:
132173 Banners Framelits Dies
130911 Circles Collection Framelits Dies
115969 Floral Fusion Sizzlit Die
114511 Little Leaves Sizzlit
130931 Candy Dots
130135 Designer Paper Stack - Subtles Collection

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment