Pages

Friday 17 January 2014

Alphabetized Sayings

I have been busy working through a list of Birthdays to prepare cards for since my last post.  I don't know about you, but each year when writing out the calendar the list is getting longer of Birthdays, Anniversaries and other Occasions to celebrate!  With that, it is all good to be celebrating more of these occasions than less of them, I am just not sure how I am going to fit in all that crafting in between eating cake and wrapping presents!

After the last post and mention of Valentine's it got me thinking about the month ahead already, and instead of making a birthday card as I should have been, I started on a sweet valentine of my own.

This background stamp is the Alphabetized stamp (130435).  A single stamp with a complete letter set to play with and all encased in a swirly design for an instant card front.  I have seen cards play around with the lettering on this one and the catalogue has a card with the 'Hi' picked out.  I just wanted to play around with the word 'Love', but as the letters are placed all over and not in order, I came up with this one using just the 'i' and the 'u' and a cute Small heart punch (117193) in the middle.

The 'i' and 'o' are punched in a circle and then layered onto a real red Petite Curly Label (129405) each. I have then borrowed the 'Love' from Pennant Parade (128697) to create the extra tag.  The tag was punched using the Artisan Label Punch (130920) and punching a custom label shape with it.  I had a play with my punches to see which would work and fit the word on best.  There are quite a few other punches in the catalogue which can be customised for different additional shapes and labels.

The Alphabetized stamp is more versatile than just as a background too, I originally bought it as I liked the type case on it and with the Stamp-a-ma-jig you can ink individual characters to place them and make your own words up.  I already have another idea in mind with the stamp for another valentine card (not that I will be sending more than one valentine of course!).

Alphabetized Stamp (130425)
Pennant Parade Stamps (128697)
Small Heart Punch (117193)
Petite Curly Label Punch (129405)
Artisan Label Punch (130920)
3/4" Circle punch (119873)
Baker's Twine (124262)
Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126875)
Basic Rhinestone (119246)

Colours: Real Red, Basic Grey, Smoky Slate, Cherry Cobbler (heart)

We are getting closer to the Sale-a-Bration and the launch of the Spring-Summer catalogue on 28th January, how exciting!  If you are an existing customer already and would like copies then I will be happy to post these out to you if you get in touch.  If you do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator already and would like these I can pop a copy to you too.  Please just drop me an email with your details.

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email . Remember you can now order online at anytime too, just click on the link on my blog homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment