Pages

Saturday 25 January 2014

Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration is nearly here....................

It is only a few days left to the start of the best time in the Stampin' Up! year, Sale-a-Bration!  It starts on 28th January and during the Sale-a-Bration you get to choose a free item from the Sale-a-bration leaflet with every £45 you spend.  There are 13 items on the leaflet so it is a great time to fill up your order form and earn yourself free products too!  Everybody loves something for free right?

Stampin' Up! do not just have this amazing leaflet for you to enjoy with free products, the new Spring/Summer seasonal catalogue is also coming out.  This springs into action on 28th Jan too!  It is also brimming with new products and tools you will want to get your hands on!  

Today's card is a sneek-peek of one of the products in the Spring catalogue, Petite Petals.  If you are loving the Flower Shop from the annual catalogue, then this is the 'petite' version.   It has a set of flowers just in a smaller version which work perfectly with your bigger blooms too.  Of course there is a matching punch and even better, it is a bundle offer to buy the stamps and punch, a saving of 15%.

I don't know about everyone else, but we have all been suffering with winter sniffles in this house and it seems all the family at various times in the last few weeks have been the same so today's inspiration was some get well wishes for all.

I have used Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum for the card and mat colours and then I have just worked with a simplistic design of a white polka dot emboss with a Framelit Label cutout. I attached my top layer with Dimensionals to raise the frame and give the shadow contrast.  The 'feel better soon' is from the hostess set Express Yourself.

Now, me being me, having created a simple card, I could not leave it alone at that and started to play some more.  A theme in the Spring Catalogue, without giving away too much, is water colouring so I decided to add a little bit more colour to my flowers with a Blender pen and some more of the Elegant Eggplant.  I also added some small pearls to the centre of the flowers.
I didn't stop there though, I then tried to add a colour wash over the sentiment just using some graduation with the blender pen again.  I am not sure if this works or just looks messy, what do you think?  I'd love to know your thoughts or suggestions on it.

Suzanne
x

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment