Pages

Monday 13 January 2014

Birthday Cake Celebration with Washi Tape

Well Happy New Year!  My first post since the Christmas ended and we entered 2014.  I have been busy with the tidy up after Christmas and also finding my crafting feet again after putting them up over the Christmas period.  This post brings you all, my blog readers and customers, best wishes for a fantastic New Year ahead!

Todays post is a card I made for my niece using the Birthday Cake stamp (130390).  She has grown up so fast and I cannot believe she is well into her teens now.  Last time we spoke I showed her the Washi Tape from SU as she uses this tape in her artwork project folder so for her birthday card I just had to make her card with the Gingham Garden washi tape (129314).


I simply wrapped a piece of card stock with the strips of washi tape in the three designs to give a background to my stamped image.  I thought the colours though on the tape were a perfect pick-me-up post Christmas and I followed these in the stamped Birthday Cake.  I coloured my birthday cake image using marker pens to pick out the different colours I wanted to use and it allowed me to make my flames on the candles.  I love looking at the single stamps on offer as it is great to have one that you can play with and colour differently - everybody loves a bit of birthday cake so this one was a great addition.

I wanted some natural elements on the card so added a piece of doily and the naturals ribbon. I am not too sure the ribbon works, possibly a little heavy, but I had stuck it down before I changed my mind so I went with it.  

Looking ahead we have February coming, the month of love  so I am sure we are going to be seeing a lot more love hearts being used on cards in the next few weeks, mine included.  I bought my Large Heart punch (119883) some time ago so I am all prepped and ready to go, but don't forget there are other heart punches available; the Small Heart Punch (117193) and if you already have the Owl Builder Punch (118074) or are thinking of buying it, that has a lovely little heart to play with too!  My heart here carries the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from the Hostess set Express Yourself (130336).  This set is a fantastic choice if you are Hosting a party - 12 all-through-the-year expressions for just £14 of Hostess Pounds (for a set value of £21.95).

The list for my card if you are feeling inspired:

Birthday Cake stamp (130390)
Gingham Garden washi tape (129314)
Express Yourself (Hostess only - 130336)
Large Heart punch (119883)
Tea Lace Paper Doilies (129399)
Natural Trim (129287)

I mentioned Valentine already and Stampin' Up! have some great products for Valentine wishes.  If you click here it will take you to the details of stamps, simply sent cards and treat bags and ideas for sending little packages of love.  The Monster Hugs are to wrap around a chocolate or treat and are so cute for little ones to gift at school or nursery, or for us adults with young hearts too!

There is also a beautiful selection of stamps made for love to add to your collection, just lovely. 


These valentine products are available now until 27th January 2014.

Thanks for dropping by and don't forget to come back as I have more cards and projects to post too! For those of you that are regular to Stampin' Up! you will also know Sale-a-Bration is coming, come back to see some sneek-peeks of the free products you can earn!

Suzanne
x

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too by going straight to my My Online Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment