Pages

Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas Mistletoe Love

Today's card is a special one.  As it gets close to Christmas it is time to start spending time with those you hold most dear to you and to show them how much they mean to you.  This card is for my husband so I had to reel in the glitter and glam to make a card he would appreciate without it being too girly.  Of course, there is still some glitter on there.......well it is Christmas after all!  I think he is getting used to the glitter and sparkle by now.
I cannot seem to find a place in the house to take a photo with enough light at the moment so I am not sure you can see the best of this card.  It uses a background of Cherry Cobbler and then a mat of that glitter Glimmer Paper.  There is also some added subtle glistening from the top layer of Shimmery White.  This last layer also gives the card a subtle off-white colouring which I like.

I have had this card layout in mind for some time.  After my last couple of projects with the Expressions Thinlits I knew I would be using them again soon for this card.  I have simply used the 'Love' saying from the set and cut it out from the Shimmery White layer.  I have then cut it again in the Cherry Cobbler cardstock and then used both of these, one either side of the cutout in the shimmery white layer for my stack of 'Love'.

I had wanted to add the mistletoe for the symbol of love at Christmas and also for some Christmas kisses.  I have a lovely set of mistletoe lights as a garland on my mantle piece and I had these as my inspiration.  The Little Leaves sizzlit die gave me my bunch of leaves. I cut from some Always Artichoke scraps I had as the nearest colour to the mistletoe green leaves.  I went for the Large pearls for the berries as these stood out the most on the card.    

I have added some Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon in a couple of accents round the bunch of mistletoe and as a tab on the right hand side.  Just enough to keep the card simple.  There is also an Antique Brad to secure the ribbon wrap on the mistletoe.  I trimmed the ribbon in half along the length to use it for my wrap. 

I am just loving my Envelope Punch Board too.  Making custom cards means I can just cut the card to any size I want and then just quickly make a custom envelope afterwards.  No more trying to make the designs work in a standard card size and I can make larger cards for those dearest and then make a beautiful envelope out of designer paper to make it even more special.

I think my Christmas crafting is nearing it's final stages, not least as I need to tidy up the craft room (aka the guest bedroom) for our visitors on the big day!  Just a few more tags to make now as the elves have been busy wrapping here (finally).  I hope you are all feeling organised too and enjoying some time of rest.

Here is the list of what I used again:

Glimmer Paper (124005)
Shimmery White (121717)
Expressions Thinlits (132171)
Little Leaves Sizzlit (114511)
Antique Brads (117273)
Large Pearls (125577)
Chevron Ribbon (130012)

Don't forget too the Envelope Board, only £17.95 to make all your envelopes and much more! (133774)

Suzanne
x

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment