Pages

Friday 20 December 2013

It's a Wrap!

At least there is something being wrapped in our house right now and it's in this lovely gift wrapped box.  In it is a Festive Flurry banner I made which I have gifted to my Mum. I wanted to make a box to protect it and, in a recycle and make-do-and-mend moment, I found a perfect size box.  Of course I needed to make sure it was empty of all the lovely chocolates that it contained first, but needs must!! 
You can just see a little of the banner peeking through the windows of the box.  I re-shaped the windows to match the design of the Winter Frost papers, but cutting the paper with the Festive Flurry dies first.  Remember the Stamps and dies come in a bundle deal (133284) saving you money when you buy them together.
I then added a lovely finished Festive Flurry decoration.  You may recognise this from the pages of the Autumn/Winter catalogue.  The centre of the decoration, under the Frosted Finish (132150) embellishment, is a Silver embossed snowflake, embossed onto a window sheet. The box look fabulously expensive when finished and almost another present in itself!

Wrapping the gifts is one of the tasks I just have not started yet despite best intentions.  It has been traditionally a marathon Christmas Eve event, but I have promised myself this year I will have it all done before then so I can sit back and enter the Christmas Day festivities relaxed and ready for some family fun!
When I do finally start the wrapping, I have some extra decorations to add to my beautifully wrapped gifts as toppers.  I am hoping they can be attached so they can be removed carefully to be used as decorations by the recipients and enjoyed throughout the Christmas period.  That is, if they make it through the frenzied unwrapping!

Here too in the picture, are some simple tags which I have made stock of ready for the wrapping to begin!  The tags were cut with the Chalk Talk die set (129983) for the Big shot.  This set has several labels of a really useful size and I love the little cutouts included in the set to make your decorative holes for the baker's twine or ribbon that you choose.  On the back, I have used the 'To: From:' stamp which is in the Very Merry Tags stamp set (130393) to create my instant tags.  The mini snowflakes are from the Snow Day stamp set (131826) which I have used previously for my Snowman projects.

I have also photos of the banner I have made for my sister so pop back tomorrow when I will be able to show that and some more tags ideas too!

Winter Frost Sepciality (132341)
Festive Flurry Bundle(133284)
Frosted Finishes (132150)
Chalk Talk die set (129983)
Snow Day (131826)
Very Merry Tags  (130393

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment