Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

Festive preparations are away

Christmas preparations are progressing, but there has definitely been a lot of shopping trips backwards and forwards, and that was just to sort out the tree!  Still, at least we have finally got a tree up and have made a first attempt at decorating it with my special 'little helper'.  I think there may be a little re-arranging to do now, but he enjoyed helping adding the baubles and thankfully we suffered no breakages despite a few tree wobbles in the process!

I can also say that the first flurry of cards has made it out the house too - yey!  Hopefully I am not spoiling the surprise for anyone, but just to say we had an interesting family photo shoot with the self-timer on the camera - there were quite a few takes!

Our cards for close family were the Holly Jolly Greetings Simply Sent (132159 £13.50) which I was amazed at when I saw them as they were so beautifully made.  I should not have been so surprised for Stampin' Up!, after all one of the things I loved most when first introduced was the quality.

Now for another card for today to show a technique which uses my favourite tool - daubers of course!
I guess you are familiar with the Festive Flurry set by now as it has featured on most of my Christmas cards, but here is the largest of the stamps on a card.  The colour is applied to the stamp with daubers with a shaded affect. I have used the beautiful Smoky Slate on the outside edges, then the Coastal Cabana, through to the Bemuda Bay in the centre.  This also works really well with contrast of brighter colours.

I could not resist a little dimension to the card so the snowflake was cut with the matching dies and then added with dimensional pads.  It was so tempting to add a Frosted Finishes Embellishment (132150) to the centre, but I wanted to keep it simple and show the most of the colour so I add a single large Rhinestone.

Just peeping behind the card there is an envelope in the Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Papers (132341 £11.50).  This card was larger so needed a custom size envelope.  Luckily I had my new toy...I mean tool........the Envelope Punch Board (133774 £17.95).
It really is so easy to make an envelope as the tool has a wealth of sizes already worked out (inches and metric).  The corner punch is a dream as well, with a precise professional finish to form lovely curved corners.

There is still time for festive orders and don't forget your seasonal scrapbook pages or thank yous for post Christmas and the Clearance Rack items to check out!.  The last date to order for Christmas now is 16th December.

Hopefully Christmas is all so well organised I will be able to come back with some more to show you in the next few days.

Suzanne
x


No comments:

Post a Comment