Pages

Saturday 21 December 2013

'Tis the Season of Style - Merry Christmas Banner

How many times do you see a beautiful decoration or card in a retail outlet and you think "I can make that"?  Well here is my take on a banner my Sister placed an order for after seeing one in a Christmas catalogue and asked me to make her something simliar.


It was supposed to be a simple design based around the Crumb Cake cardstock, but I wanted to use the Season of Style papers (132340) too.  These papers are in the Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive colours, a change from all the Festive Flurry and blue hues I have been using a lot of lately.

It took me a while to work out how I was going to fit 'Merry' and 'Christmas' on the banner, given that it was going to be on a fireplace mantle and could not been too long.  I settled on using the 'Merry' from the thinlits again and adding it on the first pennant.

I cut all my pennants just using a template I made, but I was really pleased I had my new Circles Collection dies (130911) for the circle layers.  It made cutting circles of all sizes so much easier.  To save paper too I was able to cut the patterned paper pennant and then cut the circle I needed for the top layers from the middle of the pennant.





To keep it a little rustic I have threaded the pennants on some of the twine I had from my Simply Created Banners kit.  If you look closely you can see a little of the Natural Trim (129287) from the annual catalogue tied at points along the banner too.

My banner does have some retired products included.  The large eyelets are no longer available and the lettering I have used is the retired Alphabet Soup chipboard letters from last year.

Come back later I will have some more Christmas tags and projects to show you ............


To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment