Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Wishing You Birthday Parcels

A new year, new good intentions, time to have a tidy up and change around in your craft room? I am sure, like me, you probably have had a shuffle round already and promised yourself you are going to keep it tidy at all times this year!  Well it might be tempting to pack away your seasonal stamps to the back of the cupboard or bottom of the pile and think that they are to hibernate for the next 11 months, but wait, there may be some to use all year with a little re-designing and colours!
This is exactly true of the Wishing You stamp set from the Seasonal Catalogue 2013.  If you remember the lovely stack of presents stamp in the set, well here it is in it's new guise as a colourful stack of birthday gifts.

I have used the Brights collection of markers to colour the parcels individually and then have stacked them within a Framelits Label.  I needed a birthday saying to match so with the markers again I have coloured just the saying "Happy Birthday to you!" from the Label Love stamp set.  

Now, what party would be complete without a birthday banner?  I have used the Pennant Parade and matching builder puncher to make mine.  The pennants were a little large for the card so I snipped them to a custom size for a perfect party show.

I had challenged a new team member to use this stamp set for a birthday card project.  It was her first stamp set purchase with her starter kit before Christmas, but could not resist having a try at a card myself.  I cannot wait to see what she designed when we meet next and share our creations.  I am loving the bright colours on my card and the frame round the present stack!  

Have you found any alternative uses for your seasonal stamps?

Items I used were:

Wishing You 
Pennant Parade (128697)
Petite Pennants Builder Punch (122361)
Label Love (130619)
Framelits Label Collection (125598)


Suzanne 
    x

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.



No comments:

Post a Comment