Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Pretty Petals All Around

Just a quick post from me today as we are getting ready to be battered by the storm outside.  This card was one I have made recently, but it is my favourite.  I am sure you can see the inspiration from my previous posts, the wreath kit and my other cards with the Petite Petals.

The idea came to me one morning as I woke and I knew I was going to have to make it before I lost it in the muddled mummy memory bank.

The card is on Whisper White layers, but the best bit in the middle is the Vellum window created with Stampin' Up!'s Vellum Cardstock.  I have seen so much of the new vellum embossed papers we have around and it inspired me to dig out my pack of the special cardstock to have a play.  The Chalk Talk saying in the middle is white embossed which was my creative moment when I thought of this as the idea.

The best bit about the wreath too and the Petite Petals was I was using up all my off-cuts of strips of card.  I just inked and stamped a row of each colour flower and design on a strip and then punched away whilst catching up on some TV viewing - perfect!  I had some Little Leaves prepared too with the small Sizzlit die for the Big Shot to add the leaves around the wreath.

Here's another view of the card so you can see I layered it and used some dimensionals to give the top layer a lift from the vellum.
There is a lovely banner of heart embossing across the bottom of the card too using the Adorning Accents Emboss Folders.

Talking of embossing, did you know Stampin' Up! have released a new tool and I have only just got round to telling you all about it!  It is so exciting!  There is the new Texture Boutique Tool which allows you to emboss with embossing folders, but without the bulky Big Shot cutting machine.  It is much smaller, lighter and transportable for those catch-up crafting sessions on-the-go.  The best bit, it is only £26.95 so not too heavy on the purse either!  If you like the embossing on my card, why not treat yourself with some love this Valentine and give yourself a treat or just send your hubby to my online store to order yours. 


Before I go, here is another card of Petals.  See the vase?  It is one of the Delightful decorations stamps with the bottom modified slightly to give it a flat base.


To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, I particularly like how the light shines through the centre of the card

    ReplyDelete