Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentine Sweet Heart Suprises

I was invited to a fabulous crafting Fun Day with my fellow Stampin' Up team members last weekend and was set the task of making something to 'show-and-tell'.  Now, what a panic that set, making something fabulous enough to share with all those experienced crafters!

After a little calming down and reassurance from my wonderful upline Amanda Fowler I decided I would make the Secret Box which I had been eyeing up for some time.  Hopefully it would wow the crowd, but also I could put one of my favourite things in it, Chocolate, for a Valentine's gift!

It is fantastic.  A Box that opens up to reveal three trays to fill with goodies.  The main sections are made from A4 card so no need for 12"x12" cardstock for this one either.
Chocolate, mini soaps, mini chocolate eggs for Easter, the ideas are endless! 

To make the box I was following a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers from Heather Perraux.  The measurements and template are all there on the tutorial along with step-by-step videos on how to put it together.  

I followed the template guide with my Simply Scored Tool and used the additional Diagonal Plate to create the diagonal lines to easily follow where to cut for the main two outer pieces for the box.  For a project like this where you have a template and measurements, the Simply Scored tool just makes it so much easier and quicker to complete.

Tip:  Make sure if you are flipping you card round to make the diagonals on your card that they are going the correct way!  I found the diagram easist to follow on the tutorial for the scoring and folding and the video easiest for the sticking and finishing.

I used the My Digital Studio Love Letters designer papers layered on Smoky Slate and Very Vanilla cardstock for my decorative background.  The sentiments on the Circles (using the Circles Framelits Collection) were from the 'Perfect Pennants' stamp set available in the Spring/Summer Catalogue.

I love the 'You & Me' for a Valentines theme and also I have inked and cut the 'Life Doesn't Have To Be Perfect To Be Wonderful' to split it across the 3 tray fronts inside.  This stamp set is available as a Digital Download Stamp Brush Set so if you love the project is not too late to recreate it for yourself. Just download your stamp set and background papers and get folding and sticking - go on, give it a go!

For more details and to purchase either the tools or products I used you can follow the links to them here

Simply Scored 122334

Simply Scored Diagonal Plate 125586

Circles Collection Framelits Dies 130911

Perfect Pennants Brush Set - Digital Download 137042

Love Letter Designer Series Paper - Digital Download 124012

Of course, a gift, needs a card to go with it. Well here is a Valentine Pop-up suprise card to match. The dimensions mean that this card folds flat to allow it to fit into a C6 envelope if you need to post or send your valentine's messages.

I have just used the Large Heart Punch and Small Heart Punch for decoration and the colours are Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Shimmery White and Glimmer Paper.  The background paper too is First Edition Speciality Paper which is still available as a digital download.  The sentiment on the Decorative Label Punch is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set.  There are lots of templates and tutuorials for these pop up cards online and they are so so easy.  Once you have made one, you will want to make more trust me.  A hint that there are some more to come......

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment