Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Wedding Words

It is going to be one of those years full of great occasions to celebrate as we have three wedding celebrations to attend this year, I am so excited!  Ever since our wedding day I have been keen to see someone else celebrating, I am getting almost just as excited talking about other people's weddings as I did my own! Now I know just how much effort everyone has gone to prepare everything I am going to see everything through different eyes. It has already started with the appreciation of the handmade invitations we received this year. All three were handmade cards, everyone has been bitten by the crafting bug it seems!

I felt that with all that effort for the invitation, it was only right I created my RSVP too. I like to match the style of the invitation if I can with a colour match as close as I can. Unfortunately I made and sealed the first reply in an envelope before I took a photo so you will have to take my word for it that it was beautiful.

The second RSVP was in response to a monochrome invitation so I went with a Smoky Slate and Basic Grey combination. I thought Black would have been a little too dark for me and it does not make me think weddings so I kept to the greyscales.


Now the greatest Wedding stamp I have in my collection is here as the background, it is the Wedding Words jumbo stampin' wheel.  Just two rolls over a piece of whisper white and I had the basics for my card.  
Tip: Use your grid paper to line the card up straight and guide a steel ruler or something with a thick enough straight edge to guide your wheel straight as you roll and stamp with it.  The grid paper also helps you line up another roll line if you want a continual background as I have done.

The line break in the text was perfect to fit a line of Silver 1/8" ribbon which has been continued into the Spring/Summer mini catalogue. The RSVP on the card is the Alphabetized lettering again, which I have used previously as a single stamp or just as individual lettering.

Tip: I inked individual letters with a marker pen and then with the stamp upside down on the craft desk I pressed the cardstock onto the letter to stamp it.

How simple was it to then punch the letters as mini banners with my Banner Punch - it's free with a £45 spend right now!

If you haven't stamped with a stamp wheel previously, hopefully you feel inspired to give it a go now!  It really is simple once you have got a straight edge to run against and they are great for background stamping across a page or card front. The Wedding Words looks gorgeous in Silver or Gold emboss.  


To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment