Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

Mother's Day Sweet Sorbet Gifting

What a day!  Mother's Day has been lots of spoiling for me with a lovely roast dinner cooked for me and, even better, no cleaning up!  It was followed by a lovely walk round RHS Wisley in the sunshine which of course included a tea and cake stop too! So now, a quick post just before I finish enjoying my relaxing day and evening.

I could not resist showing you some more lovely gift projects I made for my gifting to the ladies in my life who needed recognition this Mother's Day.

First of all a gift card holder made with the Sweet Sorbet papers I have been using a lot since I earnt them free on the Sale-a-Bration period (ENDS tomorrow - eek!).  These colours are so addictive!  I am sure if you have been following my blog you will see they have been making lots of appearances.

This card is based on a gift card holder I made at my wonderful upline training with my fellow SU demonstrators.  I will try and post tomorrow again to show you the original so that you can see the inspiration.  This gift card was made using card cut 10.5cm wide and 27.5cm in length.

Now, foolishly, I did not write all the measurements as I made this.  As usual my crafting was a little rushed and I altered as I went along.  I will give the measurements as I think they were.  I made fold lines along the 27.5cm length at 8cm, 19cm and 25.5cm.
I then used the Framelits Label Collection Dies to cut the decorative edges at both ends.  For the top edge at the 8cm I fed the card through the middle of the die, under the top edge as I held it until the card edge matched up with the shaping of the die and the centre point of the label at the top was central to the card width. For the folded edge on the inside I followed the same method as above, but I only fed the card through a little to get a shaped edge again and I did snip after to finish the lines to the side edges.
I used the Basic Brad Bases with the Brights collection candy dots to make my closure with the Pool Party Baker's Twine. My flower on the outside was the Bigz Fun Flower Die and the medium size flower which I cut all my layers of DSP in one time through the Big Shot. This is a similiar shape to the Blossom punch in the catalogue too if you do not have the Big Shot.

The 'For You' sentiment was from the Chalk Talk Stamp set.  Both the flower and the 'For You' had a little sponge effect in the Crisp Cantaloupe ink. I then used one of the Boutique Details buttons in the matching Baked Brown Sugar for the flower centre - instant flower finish. 

Obviously the gift card holder had something special inside too!  I covered my gift card holder in DSP on the outside, but even prettied it up on the inside too!  Inside the important bit though was the lovely gift card for a shopping trip for a special treat. 

Now, this post is already longer than I intended so just quickly, the second quick gift idea I made was a gift bag makeover of a paper bag wrapping for a special mummy who needed some special love from her little one.


You can see the same flower that I used on the gift card holder and the same DSP paper cut with the Banners Framelits Die Collection and also the Scallop Tag Punches.  This makeover was achieved in minutes and it has made a plain paper bag into a really pretty gift.

I hope you like these and don't forget to come back tomorrow where I will reveal the inspiration for the gift card holder and the products used.

Suzanne

x


To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment