Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Feeling Sentimental

Today's post is a card in early preparation - so unlike me I know, but I received one of the Sale-a-Bration stamp sets this week and it was just perfect for a Father's Day card.  It is often hard to find inspiration for a masculine card, so when I saw this stamp set in the free products I had to place my order to get it free.  A set of lovely nostalgic pictures, a telephone box, a penny farthing, a big wheel and the sentiment 'Celebrate', perfect for a number of occasions.


I decided to use some colour on the card so used a little Rose Red card stock with matching brads and designer paper to accent the colours.  There has been a little vintage makeover to the card though to keep it less girly.  I have distressed and curled the layered paper corners and even rubbed the brads with a file to distress them a little.  Of course the daubers were out to add the vintage colour to the edges and I also used the Very Vintage wheel to create a border by using a large circle of card as a mask.

In case you are wondering, the 'For You' is from my other new stamp set ' Elements of style'.  It fits perfectly into an 1" circle and I am loving adding this to my projects.   The 'Happy Father's Day' is from the Delightful Dozen - already used this set more than a dozen times - it has everything!

Also spot the trinket?  It is one of the Teatime Trinkets from the Spring/Summer catalogue. These come in a pack of 5 (£5.50) and add that extra special to projects don't you think?  They come with link rings and spring catches (I am not sure how to describe these) which you can attach and even add them to jewellery as charms too.

To place a £45 order to get the Feeling Sentimental stamp set or another free choice, email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment