Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentine - You Are Loved and so much more


Well what a very lovely surprise for my valentine's morning a lovely new iPad to play with!  I am going to be happily browsing from my sofa even more now...more Pinterest and Stampin' Up!inspiration...and maybe a little shopping too!

Just a quick note from me with some Valentine's sentiments before I continue my romantic celebrations for the evening. 

Here is the lovely card I made for my husband for today with my new favourite colour - Raspberry Ripple.  I must admit I did get a bit carried away with the silver glimmer paper (124005) and pearls (119247), but it was so much girly fun!! 

The gorgeous Valentine message is from the 'You Are Loved' stamp set.  I have stamped with the Staz On White (106960) onto Vellum cardstock (106584). You can stamp onto non-porous surfaces with this ink including the window sheets (114323) which I have used previously for the candle boxes I made. There were lots of little punched hearts too.  The small heart punch is a great little addition to your craft room (117193) and only £5.75 so easy to add to your next order.

I used my Essentials Paper-Piercing pack  (132204) which I got as a FREE choice with Sale-A-Brations to created the outline hearts surrounding it.  Decorative borders on the vellum and coloured card were then added with the Adorning Accents Folders (125601) and Edgelits (125595). The mini hearts look so sweet on the vellum and also on the band under the Decorative Label (120907).  Of Course it was all colour co-ordinated with the Stitched Satin Ribbon in Raspberry Ripple (126845)and before I got too carried away with a bow as well I decided on a folded pleated ribbon instead, secured with glue dots.

The sentiment inside the card - 'There's Only One You' is from the Sale-a-Bration set 'Vintage Verses' (129633).  This includes other sentiments of 'Thanks', 'Just Because', and 'Wishing you a day as perfect as you are'.

 My second card, no not two valentines from me, was a last minute commission for a friend.  Again the 'You are loved' stamps and pewter embossing with Raspberry Ripple stamping.  I used the Adorning Accents Folders (125601) and Edgelits (125595) again and the co-ordinated ribbon.  I folded the ribbon over, in my attempt at, a heart shape.  I secured the ribbon with an antique brad (117273).  The candle box is another chance to see the matching candle and box I made for the candle workshop with the same stamp set, this time in Cherry Cobbler.




To place an order, book a party with these great products or join in one of my card making evenings, email me, Suzanne at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment