Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Sweet Patterned Occasions

It's still Sale-a-Bration time!!  I am still Sale-a-Brating in my craft room with all the great stamp sets that are being offered as part of the promotion.  Remember a £45 purchase and you too could own one of the fabulous stamp sets or other products too!

Another set from the free products is Patterned Occasions and it is just great.  Lovely designs with instant sentiments for quick easy cards for birthdays, thanks, get well, friendship and other celebrations. The set is sized perfectly to fit in quite a few framelits for the Big Shot, but also fits into punched circles.  The sweet little cupcake is adorable as is the little elephant (who doesn't love a little elephant to stamp with?).
Here's the little cupcake for an easy birthday card. I layered circles using the Big Shot Originals Circles #2 die for my card.

The colours are a mix of Rose Red, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry and Pretty in Pink. 

I matched the Polka Dot background emboss and patterned designer paper from the standard Designer Series Paper Stack.  Add a little scallop border with punched holes and some sparklies and you have a lovely sweet birthday cupcake card.

For the cute little ele friend I stamped in Basic Grey and stamped twice so that I could cut out his ear and stick it on a dimensional (sounds painful, but no animals were hurt in the making of this card!).

Pool Party is one of my favourite springtime colours right now so this card is all about this gorgeous blue.  The designer paper is from the Afternoon Daydream scrapbook kit - a beautiful complete kit of papers and accents.  I didn't use too much paper for the card as I have plans for the rest of the kit and I am having to resist using too much until then!!

The Vintage Wallpaper emboss folder super compliments the paper design and I daubed it with whisper white craft ink to accent.  I then, completely by chance, had the 'Wishing you a day as perfect as you are' sentiment from the Vintage Verses set (also Sale-a-bration) stamped out and cut out in a Labels Collection Framelit, so I trimmed this in half and added it as a frame around the circle.

Time for some latte lovin'?  We should all make time for those cups of coffee (or tea) with friends - what a great little stamp for calling on friends or neighbours. Here's a little stack of them in the In Colours 2012-2014.

Of course, buying the marker pens allows you to colour in individual parts of the stamp different colours and also is a great way to try colours to see which ones are favourite before progressing to ink pads.  The In Colours are a set of 5 pens at just £11.75 so a great way to get a quick collection of colours.  I recently discovered some tips for the SU markers - did you know?:
  • They can be refilled using the Ink Refills
  • As well as the tip picture to show you which end is which, the lines which wrap round the pen are different widths to show this too
Thanks to Michelle Last, another SU demonstrator, for these tips! To see how to refill you can visit Michelle's Blog http://www.michellelast.typepad.co.uk/

In case you are wondering which punch I used round the 'whole latte love', this is a Decorative Label punched twice to create the custom shape.
 
Sale-a-Bration continues until 22nd March - I still have availability for parties or can take orders for delivery before this date for your chance to earn FREE products.
 
To place an order, book a party or come to a workshop email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com or call me on 07876 247678.

No comments:

Post a Comment