Pages

Thursday 28 February 2013

Mother's Day - Ex Libris

I am just loving that feeling that Spring is on it's way!

Today I have a post of cards made using the Ex Libris stamp.  I must admit I had overlooked this stamp so many times when browsing through the catalogue (hard to believe as 'browsing' makes it sound so much more casual than the memorising of every page that takes place each new catalogue!).  I tend to focus on the stamp sets of several stamps, but one day when I had some hostess pounds to spend this stamp caught my eye and it came to me, a single stamp for an almost instant card front, fantastic!  All it needed was a little dressing up in different ways and it was a perfect addition for cards, background stamping and even elements on a journal or scrapbook album.

I loved the initial design Stampin' Up! had in the catalogue with this stamp (page 128) so the first thing I did, to get the creative juices flowing, was to CASE their design - cheeky!  That is the great thing about the Catalogue as it really is an 'ideas' book too - just as it says on the tin (well, cover!).

Here it is - my colours were Lucky Limeade - what a fabulously vibrant spring green - and Marina Mist for the flower.  So, I really did have to go outside my comfort zone of Mrs Neat and Tidy for the flower with all that scrunching of the card.  It didn't turn out quite as scrunched, but it almost looks good enough to pick! 

My flower was made with the 'Fun Flowers' die for the Big Shot. I added a So Saffron brad to secure it together before the scrunching began and also created the middle stems with this colour.  A tip for the scrunching: mist your cardstock with water until damp and more pliable.

Now for a more vintage style with the same background stamp and a slightly different feel. 

Back to Crumb Cake - I think I should have given this up for lent, I am so addicted. I This card uses the 'Wishing you a day as perfect as you are' stamp again from the Sale-a-Bration set 'VintageVerse'.  I thought this was a great sentiment for Mother's Day.  I trimmed round the shape and then popped it on the card with dimensionals to make it stand out. 

I added lots of little springtime flowers with help from the  'Boho Blossoms' Punch and also the butterflies using the 'Beautiful Wings' embosslit for the Big Shot.

Not got a Big Shot (yet)?  Why not?  Don't worry, if you are not ready to commit to one yet there are plenty of punches to get these fabulous shapes too. Check out the punches on pages 184-185 in the main catalogue.  Want some baby butterflies too? Don't forget the new 'Bitty Butterfly' in the Sping Mini Catalogue - perfectly petite! 

To get the 'Vintage Verses' I have used here from the Sale-a-Bration sets, all you need to do is place an order for £45 or more. Don't forget too, if you are local, there is a card workshop next Thursday 7th March.  See the 'Workshops' page for more details and contact me now to save your place!

To place an order, book a party or come to a workshop email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment