Pages

Thursday 4 September 2014

Curvy Keepsake Box Cuteness

Like a magpie to all things shiny, it seems my love of small cute things continues.  Look at these gorgeously cute little boxes made with the Curvy Keepsakes Box Die from the new Autumn/Winter Catalogue!


I know I have been keeping all the new autumn/winter catalogue items to myself, but now little one has started at school this week I am finally getting to play with all my new toys and get time to share some of them with you. Well, I am trying to fit in some chores too!

This dies is one of the the new thinlit style dies and the little curvy box is just perfect for table favours, small chocolate or even jewellery gifts. There doesn't just have to be sparkle on the outside you know!  

The die needs to be cut twice and then the two parts stick together and make the box. You just stick the base squares together at right-angles to each other.  Once stuck together, just curl up the two sides with the handle tops and then curl the remaining two sides up and slot them over the handle tops to keep it together. They take minutes!



Each box needs just half a sheet of 12"x12" paper and there is spare left surrounding for your tags and extras. Perfect, as in the die set there are a trio of bauble shapes too.  If you zoom in on the top photo you can just see I have used these with some of the spare paper to layer with my tags.


I made my curvy boxes from another new product in the seasonal catalogue, the All Is Calm Speciality Designer papers.  I thought this year I was going to be drawn away from my blue/silver Christmas colour theme, but these papers just immediately went onto my wishlist.  The designs are gorgeous!  The papers are speciality papers so there are sheets with metallic designs too.  Just check out page 22 to see how pretty they are.  Being as some of the papers are double-sided the box is already lined with great design too!  

The snowflake embellishment is also a new product. These are the All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishments.  I have added an added sparkle to the centre of mine with a Rhinestone, but they look just as lovely as they are out of the box. Thread some of the Lost Lagoon Silky Taffeta (A/W Cat), Silver 1/8" (Annual Cat) or Soft Sky Taffeta (Annual Cat) ribbons through the closure for a lovely finish.  My labels were stamped with sentiments from another great product you will be seeing more of, the Holiday Homes stamp set.

I hope you like them.  I already have another Christmas project in mind for these so they will be featuring in another post soon I am sure.

Suzanne
x

Products I used:

Curvy Keepsakes Box Die 135853
Holiday Homes Stamp Set 135095
All Is Calm Speciality Designer Paper 135823
All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishments 137383
Lost Lagoon Silky Taffeta Ribbon  135841
Silver 1/8" Ribbon 132137
Soft Sky 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon  134580
Baker's Twine Whisper White 124262

Inks: Soft Sky and Smoky Slate


To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment