Pages

Monday 8 September 2014

Wedding Bells

I love a wedding and since my own I just cannot help offering advice and ideas for other people around me who are getting married. From helping out with stationery designs to producing invites to just offering advice on how, when and how to go about things.  I must just be an old romantic at heart and just love the idea of it all.

On Saturday I saw a friend of old get married in the most beautiful setting on the outskirts of Guildford, Surrey, Loseley Park.  The venue was of significance to us too as our last visit we made there just days before our little one was born. It was so lovely to see it all again and to be there sharing in our friend's special occasion. The wedding was beautifully laid out and every detail was thought of.  

For a special couple, I needed to make a pretty special card. I am hoping the happy couple have surfaced enough by now to have opened their card and are jetting off somewhere not checking my blog! (why ever not?). I am sure it is safe to share with you, so here it is.




love included elements into a card to make it more personal. This card is made from nearly entirely retired products as they got engaged in Paris it just had to be the Artistic Etchings stamp set as it was perfect. I knew there was a reason I keep some retired products that I just cannot part with! 



There was a lot of Hessian involved in their theme which I know the groom was starting to get a little anxious about as jokes about a hessian dress were bantered about. I added the Burlap ribbon though to keep it in theme. The Burlap ribbon is a current product, available in the annual catalogue. 

The base card is a one I pre-bought, but the card is very similar to the NEW Kraft Cardstock in the catalogue which I am already using for lots of projects.  It is layered with the Natural Ivory card which I bought recently too and have not stopped using since I have had it.  The two match perfectly for more craft-style projects.

More about the details, as weddings are all about the details! The pink ribbon was from their original invite and the Very vanilla satin and the diamante ribbon slide from my own wedding stationery as an added personal touch. The soft flower trim is sadly another retired product, but once I had the idea for the flower heart I was sure of my design and it was just a case of adding the other elements.  The flowers were fantastic at the wedding in pinks and creams and so I couldn't have chosen better. The happy couple looked overwhelmed with joy throughout their day too so I know they have chosen well too.

Now that was a brief break from the seasonal catalogue and it's product.  I am off to munch on some more wedding favours and get back to the glitter and sparkle to show you some more seasonal ideas from tomorrow.

Suzanne
x

Current Products Used:

Kraft Cardstock 133674
Natural Ivory Cardstock 108630
Burlap Ribbon 132140
Crumb Cake Classic Ink Pad 126975
Sponge Daubers 133773
Scallop Tag Topper Punch 133324



To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment