Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Festival of Trees Star Show


Let me introduce you to my little forest of tress that has been sprouting up in our house. It is the gorgeous must-have Festival of Trees set from the Autumn/Winter catalogue.  I have a beautiful stepped card to show you will my little developing forest, but first let's talk some more about the trees.

One of the greatest things about the Stampin' Up! way of crafting, if I haven't convinced you before now, is the co-ordination and I love the bundle deals in the catalogues now allowing you to get the punch and the stamp sets at the same time for a discount. Yay, I love a discount!  One of the reasons I joined Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator. Anyhow, this set does just that, there is a lovely quality punch to punch out your little row of trees as you stamp them - simple!

Now this is a bit of a layout CASE from Christine Blain who had used the All Is Calm specialty designer papers as I have done and layered her trees on a background label framelit.  I decided to use my star framelits as a background for my card as I love the stars set. You have seen the papers before on my lovely little keepsake boxes on my last post.

I loved stamping the plain tree and then adding my instant decoration with the tinsel wrap stamp. The stamp set also has it's own little bird and star and sentiments of "A merry little wish" and "for lots of joy at Christmas".  There is even a little "To:" and "From:" for instant label creation.

There are five tree styles in this set.  They are not just for Christmas as I can already see that they will be good for Autumn and I am already imagining a lovely tree scene card with one of the other stamps in the set.

The other most useful punch on this card is the little star which I punched my Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper onto for my sparkly star decorations. This little punch is part of the Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack

As with some of the sets now in the catalogues this set is a Photopolymer set so is on the new transparent clear-mount background material which means it will need the clear acrylic blocks to mount onto (sold separately).  I am new to having a play with the clear-mount style and I am definitely finding more favourable to see the image positioning when stamping, and there is  the saving in storage space which is a blessing!

I have lots more tree projects to show you and will post in the next few days including the stepped card I first mentioned so keep looking.

Suzanne
x

Festival of Trees Bundle 137640 (also available separately)
Star Framelits 133723
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack 133787
All Is Calm Specialty Designer Paper 135823
Glimmer Paper - Dazzling Diamonds

Inks: Pear Pizazz, Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate, Soft Sky

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment