Pages

Sunday 14 September 2014

Forests of Festival of Trees

Sunday's are great for a walk through local areas of beauty and I hope we will be enjoying some fresh air later too, but in the meantime I am going to reveal my last project (or two) from my Festival of Trees selection.  At the beginning of the week I promised a special cad made from this great bundle from the Autumn/Winter catalogue and here is the card I made.


I have folded the card front to create layers to add my trees to. I created curved landscapes with embossed cardstock embossed with the Decorative Dots emboss folder.  I am loving this folder for it's lovely larger non-uniform dots which remind me of snowballs.  Not, by any means am I ready to be thinking of snow! Way at the back of the class there is a layer of sparkle from the All Is Calm speciality papers and also a layer of the Glimmer Paper I used on my previous cards too.  I feel am feeling a re-stock order is needed already for these two papers.



There are Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Smoky Slate and Pear Pizazz stamped images using the various tree designs in the set. I have also created a little banner for the sentiment. The banner is fixed with dimensionals to give it the raise which allows the top folded card to sit under so the card sits upright when opened.

Products I used:

Festival of Trees Bundle
Glimmer Paper Dazzling Diamonds
Decorative Dots Emboss Folder
Banner Punch ***Weekly Deal ***
Taffeta Ribbon - Soft Sky

Inks: Smoky Slate, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Pear Pizazz
Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Whisper White

Another card for you today as whilst I was posting earlier this week I said I had an idea come to me. Here it is, a more traditional looking card which can also be for other occasions and not just Christmas.  And for me, this is a big step away from my usual blue and silver Christmas colours that I love.


This one uses the pine tree style of the set so I have created my own little pine wood by stamping in Pear Pizazz and the new Mossy Meadow.  I have stamped off twice for the lighter shade of the trees. This is just simply the technique of inking and stamping off once on your grid paper or spare sheet and then stamping the image onto your project.  


I have then added my glistening snow to the Mossy Meadow tree using a Glue Pen and some Dazzling Diamond glitter. The glue pens are great when adding glitter to get a fine thin layer of glue and no glitter blobs.


The shaded areas under the tree I added with a little Pear Pizazz ink and a blender pen. Just pick up a little ink on your ink pad on the blender pen and then gently add some sweeps under each tree trunk.

Tip: Tempting as it is, don't pick up the ink directly from the ink pad with the blender pen as you will end up with little white dots of no ink on the pad. Instead whilst your ink pad is closed, give it a little squeeze together. Open it up and there should be a little ink squeezed onto the lid of the ink pad and you can use this with the blender pen.

Extra Products Used for Card #2:

Good Greetings Stamps **Promotional Offer ***
Blender Pen
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Glue Pen

Cardstock: Mossy meadow, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White
Inks: Mossy meadow, Pear Pizazz

Enough of the tree love for now. I will work on some other projects to come back with soon.

Suzanne
x

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment