Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

Good Greetings To You

Remember back on 28th August when I announced the new Autumn/Winter Catalogue and I mentioned that all hostesses had the chance to earn a FREE stamp set called 'Good Greetings'? Well here is your first glimpse of it (and not your last I am sure).


It has a lovely curly font and 19 sayings for Christmas and the year ahead.  I have used the 'merry & bright' saying for this card.



The card is made up of a vellum layer over a Soft Sky background.  The Vellum is embossed with the Filigree Frame emboss folder.  Using the Texture Boutique machine (or your Big Shot) you can create fantastic designs and this one looks so pretty in the Vellum as the emboss takes on a white appearance.

Apologies for the lighting in this photo as you cannot see too well, but the middle tree is stamped using the Festival of Trees set (as we saw in yesterday's post).  It might show up better if you click on it and it is enlarged.

It is stamped using the Encore Silver Ink pad and the pine tree from the stamp set. The encore pads were introduced last seasonal catalogue, but new in this annual catalogue is the refill for these. They are pretty spongey on top, but you do need to make sure you get good coverage before stamping. The stamp image also needs longer to dry otherwise some smudging can occur, but the extra care is all worth it for lovely Silver (or Gold) stamping!

The other two trees are punched trees from the Glimmer paper I also used for yesterday's card and the silver dotty paper is from the All Is Calm DSP papers again.  I love the Dazzling Diamonds paper and I constantly have a supply of the glitter in the same colour tone too, it was one of my very first purchases from Stampin' Up!. There is definitely going to be more dazzle coming before Christmas is here!

For my tie and bow I could not decide which ribbon, the silver or the soft sky, so I just used both - extravagant I know, but it means you can see both too.  I just fixed each ribbon neatly to the reverse top edge of the card with a glue dot and then crossed over and held them to the card with a glue dot at the crossover point on the front side. I have then stuck a bow over this point with another glue dot.

The day was anything but bright when I took the photo, well that is what I am blaming my poor photography on, but you can just see a rhinestone on the centre flower of the frame at the top for a sparkling centre piece.  The emboss folder has flowers in the design so is going to be great to use for non-Christmas projects too, for those of you not ready to get into the Christmas spirit just yet!

I have just made a card of my design that came to me in yesterday's post time, but I have still another couple of designs to show you yet so keep watching....

Don't forget the Good Greetings stamp set could be yours for FREE if you host a party before 31st October and sales reach £200 or more, so why not start making a list of invitees now and get in touch to book a date.

Suzanne
x

Products I used:

Festival of Trees Bundle 137640 (also available separately)
All Is Calm Specialty Designer Paper 135823
Glimmer Paper - Dazzling Diamonds 135315

Good Greetings (FREE Stamp Set Promotion)

Inks: Basic Grey

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment