Pages

Friday 22 March 2013

Afternoon Daydream

 
I promised a while back on the blog some more projects using the Afternoon Daydream scrapbook kit and I hope they are worth the wait.  I loved the Notes holder which is in the 2012-2013 Annual catalogue right now on page 166 which shows of this kit just beautifully so I have been itching to make one. 
 
I have added a few bits to the kit to finish the notes holder; Just a vintage faceted button with some Pool Party Baker's Twine and the Basic Grey Stitched Grosgrain ribbon. The great thing about this box is it can be for a variety of uses; card holder, notes holder, recipe holder or photo collection store perhaps.  I decided to keep mine for notes so added the lettering using some chipboard lettering I already had in my stash. 
 
To add some glimmer to my letters I coloured them with ink and then Smooch Spritzed them with Vanilla Shimmer (118772, pg 158).  These are great little pearlised accent sprays in their own spray applicator.  It looks really special for gifting with this extra shimmer.  I added a pencil wrapped in the same paper too - a lovely quick gifting idea to use up small strips of DSP!
 
 
 

The second item to show you today was my hostess gift to a party I did recently.  A simple cut box filled with the little notecards and envelopes.  My Simply Scored tool came into it's own to quickly make the open topped boxed insert and then the folds for the outer wrap around.

 


The top edge of the outer cover is cut with the Big Shot Adorning Accents Edgelits and matching embossing folders.  I added a border of embossed hearts to the bottom of the outer layer too.  Recognise the background pattern stamps?  These are the Madison Avenue stamp set which is part of the Sale-a-Bration which finishes today - YES, TODAY!!

I am loving this Afternoon Daydream scrapbook kit (126927, Pg 167) and the colour combination it uses and hope you do too.  Just look how many projects I have made with it already and still plenty left to use yet! 

The kit comprises of: 
  • 3 12x12"sheets of cardstock stickers
  • 6 12x12" sheets of double-sided designer paper
  • 8 12x12" sheets of coloured cardstock: 2 each of each colour
Colours in the kit are Basic Grey, More Mustard, Pool Party (In Colours 2011-2013), Primrose Petals (In Colours 2012-2014)

Don't forget if you want to get a set of the Madison Avenue stamps you need to place a Sale-a-Bration order (£45 or more) TODAY!

To place an order, email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com or call me on 07876 247678.

No comments:

Post a Comment