Pages

Sunday 10 March 2013

Mother's Day - It's a Hoot!

A lovely Mother's Day start with a special card made with love by my litte one (with a little help from the Daddy Design Team!).  Owls are favourite in our house, with a life-long supporter of Sheffield Wednesday they are bound to be. Our little one is being brought into the Owls Supporters fold starting with the SU Owl Punch!  A card, all the more special when you know it's been made by that special someone.


Inspired by my card, I had a commission for my nephew for a card for my sister.  He is only 8 months old so too young to be crafting with me just yet (!), but I am sure this is just what he would have designed though.  So easy to put a design together with a few punches. 


Some designs actually come from making a bloop and that is what happened for the top border on this card.  I accidently used the cut blade and not the score blade on my trimmer when creating the card base so I quickly created a strip with a fold to cover it and make the folded card again.  I used the scallop border for the edges before sticking and it worked a treat!

For these cards we used:

Punches: Owl Punch, Boho Blossoms, Small Heart, Scallop Border, Pennant Builder
Big Shot: Little Leaves, Alphabet dies (retired)

We are off for a Mother's Day lunch now, hope you are all having a lovely special day too!

To place an order, book a party or come to a workshop email me at craftyinkbuds@sky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment