Pages

Monday 2 June 2014

Blast Off! Retiring Producs


Today I am blasting off early on a space adventure with another retiring stamp set.  The Blast Off! set. I love my little spaceman and rocket!  We have used him for Birthday wishes this time and in a lovely pop-up card.  This is the single card layout which you have seen me use before.  I had seen the planets layered with dimensionals online (sorry I cannot remember the demo name) and I thought they were fantastic.  I simply punched my circles (twice), punch one circle with smaller circle and hole punches, daubed with some ink round the holes and then layered them with the dimensional foam pads.

The stars are made from the stars in the set and a bit of a cheat, I used some yellow card punched with a hole punch to make the small star-specks.  The spaceship in this set looks lovely embossed in silver.  

Now for my proudest moment, I made my space man literally 'pop' out of his space rocket to go on his lunar adventures!

He is attached to a strip of window sheet that I cut to size and I then fed this through a strip of folded card attached to the underside of the card base.  I am not sure if you can see this from the photos clearly.


I added a 'Lift Off!' finish to the bottom of the strip to operate the space expedition.  Just push it up and the window sheet strip slides in the card placeholder to push the spaceman out of his rocket.  I even added some baker's twine to him to look like his lifeline back to the craft.

This set is a fantastic purchase for mummies with little ones, but who is to say it is just for the kid's.  I certainly loved playing with it for this card. I think you can tell with my push-up design creative moment! It is staying in my collection for more birthday wishes, invitations and celebrations to come.   It is also going to be a great set to play with during our mummy stamping sessions.......when I let little one get his hands on it that is!

As a retiring item, it will be available until stocks last.  To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com or give me a call. Remember you can now order online for immediate confirmation of your items and your own specified delivery.

I hope you like the spaceman and the pop-up idea.  If you do have any comments or queries then I would love to help answer them.

Suzanne
x

Card Products:

Blast Off! stamp set
Silver emboss powder
Versamark
Brights Collection markers
Baker's Twine (whisper white)
Circles punches 
Circles Collection Framelits dies
Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment