Pages

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Father's Day Cards - Go Grunge!

Father's Day is on Sunday and whilst preparing for a workshop with the Gorgeous Grunge (see previous post) I had a little play with the stamp set and how you can make it look different with different colours and layouts.  You still have a few days left to make a lovely Father's Day card if you haven't done so already or just change the sentiment here for a masculine birthday.

The first card here to show you is one which I have CASE'd (Copy and Shared) from my wonderful upline Amanda Fowler  who had made a card with the magically cute hanger from the Hung Up Cute Clips collection.  She had then made it super great with some designer ties wrapped over the hanger which were made with the same stamps.  Now I didn't have the same stamps exactly so I used the Gorgeous Grunge to make my own version.  I think I might have over-stamped my grunge, if there is such a thing when going with the relaxed style of this stamp set!



I have used a mixture of Bermuda Bay (Brights), Coastal Cabana (In Colours) and Crumb Cake (Neutrals) for my card and I have crossed over one of the stamp images to make a grid style.  The stamp set has a stamp of the diagonal lines so I just used this to stamp and then cut my tie shapes along with the 'retro' splat tie design.


This card is a fabulous show of the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, but also not to be missed is the Hung Up Cute Clips which are on discount on the retired list.  There are 24 pieces in the pot; 8 each of 3 designs and they are up from grabs whilst stocks last!  They are perfect for scrapbook pages too!

In case you are wondering where the 'Happy Father's Day' on this card is from, it is part of the Delightful Dozen set.  After telling you about it all year and using it for just about every occasion, it is now being retired.  It really is a fantastic selection of sayings, but you know that already I am sure. Take a look at the retired list for your chance to buy this one, it really is a sound investment.

My second card design for Father's Day is one using the Washi Tape.  I had bought this for my This and That journal, but have not used it for cards until I started to have a little play recently.  It is so quick to give texture and a different style to cards.  I love the rustic feel to this card too.


The Gorgeous Grunge is there in the background again and then I have simply added stripes of the This and That Epic Day Washi Tape.  The label shape at the bottom layer is Hardwood stamped and then cut into a label with the Chalk Talk dies.  

In the Coastal Cobana is an Artisan Label which has been split to sit either side of the small Chalk Talk label.  There again, is the Father's Day stamp from the Delightful Dozen.  I also used some small metallic brads and linen thread.  This was a quick make, but I think it is my favourite.

Products used:

Gorgeous Grunge
Hung Up Cute Clips
Delightful Dozen
Chalk Talk Framelit Dies
Epic Day Washi Tape
Silver Mini Brads
Linen Thread
Artisan Label Punch


All of these items can be ordered direct through my online store through the link at the top of my blog page or you can get in touch to order if you prefer.  To get in touch, my email is craftyinkbuds@sky.com or just give me a call.

Suzanne
x

No comments:

Post a Comment