Pages

Sunday 1 June 2014

Mr & Mrs.........This Day Forward

Wow!  What a beautiful wedding yesterday for my cousin in Winchester at the Guildhall.  The weather was certainly shining on their day as we enjoyed the ceremony and the post-wedding photos in the park amongst the beautiful roses there.  Winchester is certainly full of history and beautiful architecture.  I only got a brief glance of the shops there,  but had not realised what I was missing so there is definitely a repeat trip required - one with comfortable shoes!

For the lovely couple I used the Mr & Mrs stamp from Stampin' Up!  A simple, single stamp which I have used for a number of wedding acceptance, wedding celebration and anniversary cards now.   This one is so easy to ink separately, emboss, cut and play around with to get different looks.  The stamp is on the retired list so make sure you place an order whilst stocks last!


The colour is Coastal Cabana and I have used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch for the two labels on the front of the card.  I just simply stamped across the two labels for my simple layout.  Behind the card front is a mat layer of Crumb Cake which I have used the Very Vintage jumbo wheel over.  Two wheels across and the background was created.  I love the vintage style of this and will miss it terribly when it retires at the end of the month.  In fact, all of the wheel stamps are retired and the wheel accessories.  I have loved creating backgrounds, gift wrap and scrapbook elements with all my wheel designs.


For embellishments I fed a loop of the Organza ribbon through the tag holes and secured with glue dots. My bow was then just created by making a larger loop of ribbon and then creating a small wrap round the middle, slightly pinching in the sides of the larger loop as I secured it all with glue dots.

We are in the Retired List time and whilst sorting through my craft room I came across the gorgeous Frosted Finishes.  So sad that they had been left since the Autumn/Winter seasonal finished so I used one here to top my bow.  I thought the sparkle and the vintage style shape suited the occasion perfectly.

Now, we had wedding guests with us and they arrived only to realise they had forgotten the card for the couple.  No matter, I soon found them one from my collection so the lucky couple have two lovely SU cards for their day.


This card is from the perfect wedding stamp set, This Day Forward.  It has the gorgeous two birds stamp and a number of sentiments with it to mark a happy wedding or anniversary occasion.  I have simply embossed the design in Silver - the embossing is stylish and simple for this card.  The card front is on mat layers with a layer of the Mosaic emboss folder to give it some added texture.

Although both this set and the Mr&Mrs are wedding sets there are plenty of other occasions you can use them for. This one I have seen the bird design be used as partridges for a Christmas theme too! Another set which is on the retired list and for this one there is a 30% discount.  It is only £13.27, so I expect stocks will run low soon, especially with the wedding season upon us.

To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com or give me a call, I am placing orders on a regular basis.

Remember you can now order online at anytime too. To ensure availability of items on the weekly deals, clearance rack or the retired list this is the guaranteed way to get your order completed.

Suzanne
x

Card Products:

Mr and Mrs Card
Very Vintage Stamp Wheel
Mr&Mrs Stamp
Scalloped Tag Topper Punch
Organza Ribbon
Coastal Cabana, Whispher White and Crumb Cake Cardstock and inks

This Day Fordward Card:
This Day Forward stamps
Silver emboss powder
Organza Ribbon
In Colour Boutique Details
Mosaic Emboss Folder
Coastal Cabana and Whispher White Cardstock and inks

No comments:

Post a Comment