Pages

Friday 6 June 2014

Gorgeous Grunge with vellum



What another fabulous week enjoying the Stampin' Up! products with customers.  I held a workshop with a group and this was the card we made.  I was a little unsure whether the Gorgeous Grunge set was going to be liked so when I saw this card design online which used it in a feminine way and colour scheme I just knew it was the right one to show it off to them. 

I teamed up the stamps with some vellum cardstock which I embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots emboss folder before punching with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.  We even used the Envelope Punch Board to round off the bottom corners of the tag too. 


I just love the bright Bermuda Bay background combined with the Coastal Cabana and Strawberry Slush of the grunge.  The Ruffled stretch ribbon is one of the retiring accessories this time round and this ribbon is fabulous.  It adds instant feminine to a project and you can use it in straight strips or even roll it up to make a lovely ruffled flower.

The tags layered onto the vellum for the birthday wishes are of course from the Chalk Talk set.  This set is in the current catalogue as a bundle deal with 15% discount when the stamps and dies are bought together so are a sound investment with several useful sayings for non-specific occasions.

Another card to spoil you today.  A quick stamp with the Gorgeous Grunge again in a similar design. This time with Daffodil Delight for the background colour.  I have added a tag though made to custom size by trimming the edges off in Summer Starfruit, from our retiring 2012-2014 In Colour collection.

This one has the doily wrap round the tag and the embossing is the Mosaic emboss folder to give the card a more feminine feel.  I thought I would just have a play with the colours for this card and added to it as I went along.  The 'For You' is from the Chalk Talk set again.


I hope you like.  I have some more cards to show with the Gorgeous Grunge, including some Father's Day card ideas where we switch colours and designs to a more masculine feel.

Come back and visit again soon

Suzanne
x
To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment